“Nothing special”

Red Lobster
Ranked #29 of 131 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Service was slow and the food was nothing to get excited about. It is a chain restaurant and is probably not much different than other Red Lobsters. My friends loved it however.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This Red Lobster restaurant has been recently remodeled. It was neat and clean and it is spacious on the inside. They even have a small bar area that is walled and separate from the rest of the restaurant. I ordered a sampler platter that had a loaded baked potato, a rock lobster tail, shrimp scampi, and a 1/4 lb of snow crab legs. The seafood was done to perfection. The side salad which was iceberg lettuce, and diced tomato, cucumber, was just ok. My baked potato was small in size. My former significant other ordered a steak and shrimp. I had a bite of his steak, it was excellent! My son is a big seafood fanatic, and Crabfest was going on (it ended December 23rd), he ordered a steam pot of snow crab, shrimp, scallops, potatoes, and an ear of corn in a garlic butter sauce. He got the best meal of the three of us. His meal had the best flavor. Service was attentive and prompt. We will visit again and encourage you to do so, too!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Sorry you were disappointed. What went wrong? Staff would not seat our group even though we were some of the first people in the restaurant on a Sunday at lunch. We waited 40 minutes and left as more people were seated before us. We left, went across the street to O'Charley's and were seated as a group immediately. Have not been back since, and do not plan on returning. My spouse had a similar situation previously and it was only he and his first wife needing to be seated. We hear stories like this from others in the area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Red Lobster has remodeled . Its inside and outside decor are really sharp and make you think of being by the sea. I have eaten seafood in many resturants, but I have to say the shrimp,,,,,,my favorite,,,,is the best here of any resturant. I have been told thats a bold statement, but its true. I have yet to have a bad shrimp meal. The service is great. I could honestly give this Red Lobster a higher rate than 5 stars, but thats all there is here. I read the other reviews and was kind of shocked. I eat here on a oncea month to every 2 month basis,,,,,,,,never had a bad visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've been here twice and, as always, love the food. The challenge here is poor management and very poor service time/time for food to be prepared and brought to you. We had a 35 minute wail with one of our visits, totally unacceptable. And there was no reason for the slow poor service.