“What a relief.”

Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We read the reviews and were thrilled also by the nice appearance, clean rooms, friendly staff, and great price. We didnt have trouble finding it but we used our smart phone/gps. It was a relief to have found this little gem along our route. Well done Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LaDePaMi
REDROOF551, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad that your stay with us met your expectations! Our staff will be happy to know that they were able to accommodate you and provide you with good service! We are very thankful that you decided to stay with us during your travels! We hope to see you again if you are ever in the Richmond area!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stay here at least once a year when I visit my family. They keep rooms and bathrooms very clean. They have a nice pool for relaxing days, or for the evening after your day trip. If you want a quiet place to stay on your trip, this is the place!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank dev_brooke

I would like to thank you so much for being a loyal customer! I am thrilled to know that you have continuously chosen to stay with us on your trips to Richmond! Our pool is definitely a nice way to relax while you are traveling! I am glad that you were able to enjoy it! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Richmond!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The price was good, the room was clean, was able to check-in early, easy access to I-75 and pet friendly, it all worked for me. Typical hotel breakfast food available, but very close to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kentuckyshellybean

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are very appreciative of your patronage! We take pride in being able to provide our guests with a great room for a great price! I am so glad that you chose to stay with us on your visit to Richmond! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My room was available hours before the regular check in time. The lobby area was well lit and the staff always had a smile and a hello. The room was spacious and very clean. There was plenty of parking. The hotel was easy to find once we got off the interstate. Stores for shopping were 15 minutes or less away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Use the hotel online website to get a good rate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Carol R

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your time in Richmond! I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us! Thank you very much for letting us know how were are doing! We hope you come visit us again next time you are in Richmond!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Jessie at the front desk, went above and beyond to help me. While traveling we made better time then I thought we would. We stopped and called ahead and Jessie answered and I asked her about checking in early, because of travel time being quicker then I thought. She there was know problem, that she would have house keeping get our room ready for and early arrival. we arrived at 12:00 and everything was done and ready for us. The room was great.Every thing looked as though it was a brand new hotel. Jessie even brought us 2 extra pillows when we ask. This was June 30 th. Breakfast in the morning was every good also. We will be staying here on our next trip through Richmond Ky.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank hotair34352

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I am so glad that you were pleased with your stay with us! I was happy that we were able to accommodate you when you realized you made better time traveling through Dayton and Cincinnati. I know how travel times through those areas are very unpredictable! It was wonderful having the two of you at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Richmond!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The lobby was clean and attractively decorated with a candy dish on the desk. The desk attendant was professional and welcoming. This is a pet-friendly inn. However, I requested not to be near dogs because I am a light sleeper.

I had a previous satisfactory stay at a Red Roof Inn in a basic room. This time, I decided to "upgrade" to a King bed. I did my usual bed check and found clean linens. The room was large, clean, tastefully decorated and conducive for work and relaxing. The lighting was excellent and so was the high-speed internet. The work areas each have 4 outlets plus there are additional outlets in the room. Also, you can send one fax, with up to 10 pages free.

One thing that I really liked, but did not use, was a card in the room giving a phone number and email address for the manager in case any problems were experienced.

Breakfast area was clean. Breakfast included cereals, waffles, bagels, pastries, biscuits with sausage gravy, yogurt, and drinks.

There is a fitness facility on the2nd floor. While I was there, the only area that I noticed needing a bit more attention was the elevator's floor.

As some reviewers mentioned, it is a bit 'hard to find' but it is easy if, after exiting the expressway, you turn right at the first traffic light. {I was traveling north.} The inn is behind the Richmond Police Station. Some landmarks in the area that may be helpful: Cracker Barrel, La Quinta Inn, Relax Inn and Super 7 Motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ElC628
REDROOF551, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your time in Richmond! We are so glad to hear that you were satisfied with your visit! Thank you so much for your kind comments. I appreciate you pointing out that our elevator floors needs a little more attention. I will make sure that it is kept in good condition for our guests. We hope to see you again if you are ever back in the area! Again, thank you for your business and for letting us know how we are doing!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Let me start by saying I went to this hotel ONLY because I read the great reviews on TripAdvisor! Red Roof Inn was not a brand I ususlly sought out but do to my chintzy per diem I decided to see for myself. I was so pleasantly surprised, as other reviewers have been. I was welcomed and check-in was very efficient. I will note that they only book one week at a time. Since I needed two weeks the clerk entered a 2nd reservation for one week immediately. Worked fine. The room was great! It was large, with plenty of counter space and a table /work space. Something I've never seen before was a built-in power strip underneath the drawer in the nightstand! This convenience allowed me to plug in my phone and computer right by the bed. Every employee I encountered, whether at the desk or in the hallway, was very pleasant and friendly. I could not have wanted a better stay and I was given a "worker" rate that was better than I ever would have expected.

When I returned home I noticed a Red Roof Inn Hotel where there once was a different low cost inn. The outside had been renovated and was very attractive along with new signage. I'm wondering if there is a re-branding effort under way by Red Roof Inn. I know I am going to be looking for them in the future!

Room Tip: I don't know if I was on N,S,E or W side but I do know my room was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MaggieLyn_from_GA
REDROOF551, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

We are so glad that you decided to stay with us during your time in Richmond! Red Roof Inn has been in business for over 40 years. In the past year it has become our goal to revamp our image. In addition to making improvements to the outside of our building, we are proud to provide our guests with a more modern style room that has a comfortable layout, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, and a microwave. I am so pleased to know that you felt comfortable while staying with us! We hope to see you again if you are ever in the Richmond area!