“Good Value”

Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here with my daughter and 2 teen-aged granddaughters in a 2 queen bed room. Plenty of space. Clean and quiet. Microwave, frig, hair dryer, iron and board. Breakfast about par. For the price, a good value at $60 for the night. Were planning to spend 2 nights but decided to go a little further south the next day so called the Red Roof in Lincoln (?) or maybe it's listed under under Corbin. Anyway, they price matched, but what a disappointment. No queen beds, only doubles, no microwave, frig or hairdryer. Sub-par breakfast as they had biscuits but no gravy. If you have a choice, stay in Richmond!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

We are so glad we were able to provide you with a good stay. We have done a lot of remodeling, and it is always a pleasure when it goes recognized. We really hope you come stay with us again as we enjoyed having you in establishment. We hope you have safe travels and enjoy your trip.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My room was clean (heat worked); the bathroom was clean (and equipped - shower worked); The pool water and pool area was clean; the breakfast was above average for the price (clean dining area); staff (Della, Lorie? and Darrel) have been friendly and helpful every time. This was my third stay at this location in 5 weeks. I stay in motels very often and in several states and this one has been a very good. They even beat the online deal of a popular booking agency I often use at the front desk, when I asked to see a room before registering (I have ended up in some bad ones before and have learned to look first). After seeing the room, I was more than pleased with the price they gave me (THIS IS WHY I HAVE RETURNED TWO MORE TIMES). Food / gasoline are available at this exit and the Richmond mall is only one exit (minutes) away (south). Again, I lodge in a lot of places and Red Roof Inn - Richmond, Ky is far better than some of the resorts and condo's I stay in when visit Myrtle Beach that cost 4 times as much.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you so much fro choosing to always come back and see us. it is a great feeling when we know we are able to satisfy our guests. Your patronage is very important to us, and we hope to continue to see you and always make this place better for you each time you come to see us.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was first time at a Red Roof Inn and what a pleasant surprise. The facilities, the room, and the service were comparable to Hampton Inn where I have stayed in the past at almost double the cost. I would recommend this Inn to anyone particularly all those who look at spending overr $100. This is a great value, has a heated swimming pool and the room décor is excellent. Zak at the desk was extremely helpful.
Thx

Room Tip: I selected 1 King on the front Hwy side, no noise and slept soundly
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

I am glad we were able to offer you a great experience for this being your first Red Roof Inn stay. We hope you come back to see us again. Zac will be very happy to hear how he was able to enhance your stay to an even better one. Have safe travels to your desired destination.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I decided to stay overnight after a long drive. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms. We booked through hotels.com at an amazing value. Will definitely consider Red Roof Inn when making lodging choices in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you so much for your most kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again. I hope you have a great experience wherever you stay.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

As frequent travelers to many different locations, we have seen our share of good & bad hotels. Our stay at the Red Roof Inn located in Richmond, Kentucky was by far one of our most pleasurable stays. Not only were we satisfied with the room quality and price, we were even more satisfied and appreciative, of the staff at the facility (what a breath of fresh air in todays modern work force). The staff are courteous, quick to respond and professional, they continually went above and beyond. Just one example of this, was how the front desk agent, on numerous occasions, took it upon herself to entertain our two (just turned 1 year old during our visit) twin granddaughters. As frequent travelers, we have membership cards to a verity of hotels, but due to our pleasant experience at this particular hotel, we have become Red Roof Inn regulars. Again, we can not thank the staff enough for making our stay a GREAT one! See you next time......

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vince - Mashell... A
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

It was so nice getting to meet you all. Those grand kids of yours were a pleasure just as much as you both. Getting to know our guests one on one is always our favorite of our jobs. Everyone has a different story, and it is always a blessing to get to be a part of others story. We are so thrilled that you got to spend time with your family and that we could supply you with a wonderful experience. We cannot wait to see you all again soon!
Safe travels,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The rooms were great, bigger than most hotels in that price range and very clean and modern. The only thing I can complain about was there breakfast , but for the price I can go out to eat and still get a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gtmerkley
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry breakfast was not all that you were expecting during your stay. We hope you come back to see us again, and maybe your experience will be even better. Thank you for your patronage and safe travels.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was so impressed by this hotel. Prices were extremely cheap so I had low expectations. Much to my surprise the lobby was very well decorated and clean. Staff was helpful. I had reserved a jacuzzi suite and was blown away when I got inside. Clean, newly decorated, huge room, clean carpet, clean bathroom, and shower. Did I say clean? What a relief!!! The bedroom had a king size bed. The sheets were clean, the pillows and mattress were very comfy. The bedroom led into another fairly good sized room with a nice couch with a pull out mattress, a TV, and a wet bar, All the linen you would need was stacked neatly on the end of the couch. Heat worked great, as did the microwave and fridge. The reason I gave this hotel 4 stars instead of 5 was the noise from the highway. It didn't bother me a bit, but it did my husband a little.It would definitely NOT keep me from staying there again. This hotel is a gem.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you ask for a room away from the highway side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I want to start by thanking you for choosing us for your lodging needs. I am thrilled we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one while you were here with us. I am sorry that the noise bothered your husband, and I hope he was still able to get an adequate amount of sleep before you both got back on the roads again. We hope you come back and see us again soon! Hopefully, it will be much more peaceful!