$128
$148
Countryside Inn(Richmond)
$50
$43
All reviewsfront deskpolice stationroom was cleanindoor poolfree breakfastgreat pricestaff was friendlybagelswould stay here againfridge and microwavethe breakfast areaoff the highwayhot breakfasteasy accesspetdogmotel
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Indoor pool is great entertainment for the kids after traveling! Nice, friendly staff. Breakfast in the morning is well stocked. Have been here more than once and never had a bad experience. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and loyal patronage. The pool is always a bit hit amongst the kids that stay here. I am overjoyed that you all had a nice trip. We cannot wait to see you again when you stop through town.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our family stays at this property twice each year while traveling and have done so for now 8 years for we are loyal to Red Roof due to price and being pet friendly. This hotel has come a very long way from what it once was a couple of years back and from what we saw last night and in speaking with some of the staff many more improvements are coming in the very near future. I read a couple of recent reviews and was utterly amazed by what these people had to say in a so negative way, "what were they expecting"? Just because their hotel has a high ranking in no way makes it have marble floors throughout and gold trim with room service a limousine and concierge, I mean have they ever stayed at a "Economy Brand" hotel in the past or even know what "Economy" means? By far throughout the city of Richmond, this hotel has the absolute friendliest and helpful employees you will encounter for we have stayed at most even the much more higher priced hotels in this area and you do not get half the value and service there as you do at this Red Roof. We were sitting in their breakfast area this morning and nearly got into an argument with what we supposed were a "family of 6 people" for they were being quite negative on the breakfast choices. Please tell me where you can get hot sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, wide variety of hot and cold cereals, bagels, danish and muffins, milk and juices when only paying on average 50 to 60 dollars for that many people and still yet complain so much. it would cost you nearly that much just to feed that size family had they went out to a local fast food or dine in restaurant. Noise from doors slamming or children running up and down the hall, well possibly it was a group as I am speaking of here where parents have no respect, do not teach children respect and common curiosity to keep from disturbing others paying to stay here. Did you provide the staff an opportunity to help resolve your problem or just choose to moan and groan on this site? This is also the modern age of electronics where when it is all working properly it is a great thing and bad when its not. Guess what satellite, internet and cable reception "even at your homes" from time to time will not work as well as you would like and possibly even stop working due to in-climate weather and other issues, but do these modern inconveniences truly destroy your trip? How absolute petty can you be? It truly shows you come from this "New" generation and expect all for nothing. This is a "ECONOMY" brand hotel, meaning lower rates and overall less amenities than you would expect to receive at a much higher end hotel such as a "HYATT". This hotel has all NEW mattress and other bedding, flat screen tv's, in room coffee and refrigerators etc. Why be so rude to the staff when you as a family of 6 come and get a room and there is only 2 bath towels waiting for you in your room? Again "Economy" hotel, this is their design and set up, if you need more simply call upon the front desk. Just simple observations from what we oversaw and heard from other guests during this stay. Goes to show their are simply very rude people and regardless of what you try to offer and make good for them they will never be pleased. I would simply state in all of my travels alone and with my family that if you are in this area I highly recommend you give this hotel a try or you can choose "as I have in the past" another Economy hotel in the area and you will more than wish you had chose this one first.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

We truly appreciate your loyal patronage at our hotel. It means a great deal to us that we were able to provide everything you needed during your stay. There have been several renovations completed over the last year, and we are not finished yet. I hope you get the chance to come visit our establishment as it keeps changing. We thoroughly like to surprise everyone with our changes. Hope to see you all again soon!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

my wife and i were traveling to Florida from Michigan and were not very familiar with the area. Laurie was very helpful in pointing out attractions and places to eat. Her directions were spot on, and her service was wonderful. we will defiantly be staying at the Red Roof inn of Richmond KY again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for your most kind words. We try to provide for everyone the best we can, and it sounds like Laurie did a fantastic job. She will greatly appriciate all the lovely things you said about her. We hope to see you again on your way back through.

Kayleigh

Reviewed April 3, 2013

First before you write bad reviews, remember you are NOT staying at a triple price, 5 star hotel!!!!

I have stayed at Red Roof and other hotels multiple times with my child being in college and I live out of state. I will say Red Roof has giving me the BEST customer service than any other hotel in Richmond. The staff at the front desk was the most helpful people this past weekend. I had some car trouble during my travels and they were able to help me arrange to have my car repaired with the dealership. Kayleigh and Kevin at the desk were the most helpful people.
As for the rooms, they are 100% well worth the money you are spending. They are clean and well worth the price. The best part for my other children is having a clean indoor pool for them to play in. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for someone that is looking for a clean, friendly, convenient place to stay.
A. Strout
Ohio

Room Tip: First floor is a little less noise and third floor is smoking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
REDROOF551, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I wish to start by thanking you for your kindest of words. We do our best to keep everyone in our hotel as satisfied as possible. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and hope you continue to come back and visit us! It was a pleasure getting to meet you!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am staying here as I write this. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! It is midnight and people are running up and down the halls, slamming doors and yelling! We asked for non-smoking which it is but we are surrounded by smoking rooms and the smell is everywhere! The window is very old and not sealed properly which is making the highway traffic sound like its in the room with us! My neighbors televisions are up so loud I can make out every word and don't even think about turning on the heat/ac unit! Ha what a joke that is! It is so noisy you can't even hear yourself think! The bed is rock hard and uncomfortable. I will never stay in a red roof inn again and I am seriously considering packing my stuff and leaving...midnight or not!!!

• Stayed: April 2013

I want to start by apologizing for what you felt was a bad experience. We will take what you have mentioned into consideration when making reservations. We try to let everyone know that half of the third floor is smoking. The staff does their best to maintain the smell so it does not affect guests. I hope you will give us a chance to change your view on our establishment, and make your next stay better. We would like to show you the best experience you can have at our property. Once again, we are sorry for your troubling experience.