“Very friendly and the staff made us feel at home.”

Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I along with our 2 teenage daughters stayed for a week while we waited for our house to be ready. The staff was very very nice and more than willing to help us with anything we needed. We needed a place to stay ASAP that allowed pets and was affordable and they were able to accommodate our needs. It also helped that there was an indoor pool for our girls. The room was wonderful as it had an extra "family room" that had chairs, a couch and another TV. That helped as we didn't all feel like we were sitting on top of one another. The breakfast was fabulous!! That was a huge plus because my girls were able to eat a hot meal before going to school. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Your comments are most kind and all of us here are very grateful. We very much appreciate your patronage and wish you and your family all of the very best.

Kindest regards,
Kevin, Laurie and our staff.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stay here several times a year, and have always received great service. Since the new manager, Kevin Bullock, took over operations, the property has improved 100 % during the last year. The recent renovations make these rooms equal to or better than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

As always we so very much value and appreciate your loyalty and patronage. We look forward in seeing you again soon. Big hugs to Roscoe.

Kindest regards,

Kevin, Laurie and our team.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I just wanted to thank the staff at Red Roof Inn ,,Richmond Kentucky for promt service and a clean room. Laurie is pleasant and A PRO.. Her attitude and servant heart make her an asset..Thank you again and I will be back.

Room Tip: simply ask and the front rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I wish to say thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs and for your most kind review, we truly appreciate your business and hope you will choose us again in your future travels.

Laurie, Kevin and team

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Red Roof motel chain has become our motel of choice because of their pet-friendly policy.

Our room was clean - the price was very competitive - the employees were very friendly - and the complimentary breakfast was delightful.

We were very happy with our stay, and we will visit again.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We know there are many choices that you could of made other than us for your lodging needs and we are most grateful for your patronage and most kind review. Please come back when your in our area.

Kevin, Laurie and our team

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We generally stay here two to four times a year. The hotel is always clean, tidy and up to date. The manager at the hotel is very conscientious. Prior to our last stay at this location, we had two bad experiences at Red Roof regarding the “safe in your room” scam that they now seem to run at most Red Roofs. IE, when you check in you are forced to accept a service whether you want it or not (use of a safe in your room) for which you are charged $1.50. You can only have this charge removed at check out, even if you decline at check in. They hope that most people will forget to have it removed or be in a hurry to check out and not stop at the desk. I spoke with the manager before making a reservation, he indicated that this location (a franchise) does not have in room safes and there is no such charge there. He was kind enough to find the area managers for my two prior unsatisfactory stays and call them. Although he indicated that I should expect a call from them, they never called me, nor did they reply to the message that I sent immediately after the unsatisfactory stays.
Cudos to the Bahama Court location, but other than that one, I will probably never stay at a Red Roof again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

We so very much value and appreciate your kindness and patronage. Wishing you and yours all the best and safe travels. We would be grateful if you chose our location for future lodging needs.

Respectfully yours,
Kevin, Laurie and our team.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here during the weekend of the 11th to the 13th of January 2013. This was my first stay at this Red Roof Inn and I can assure you I will be back. This place has some of the best customer service around, Laurie and Sarah were both so helpful, to include helping me to print out some documents since the computer in the business area was not working. Also great recommendation for dinner. Nice stop for those traveling with pets, treats at the front desk and lots of space to walk them. The room was very clean, bed comfortable and I didn't hear any noise from the highway even though I was on that side. Water pressure is low and the bathrooms could use some maintenance, fan was very loud but that would not stop me from staying again. I have stayed at other chains at this exit but can assure you this is one I will visit again. Great job staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Your comments are most generous and kind as all of us here very much value your patronage and we wish to have each of our guests to feel most welcome, comfortable and valued when your lodging with us. I will be certain to share your comments with not only Laurie and Sarah "of whom will be very grateful", but also with our other staff, we believe and practice Team spirit and efforts. Each of us hope that you will choose our Red Roof in your future stops in Richmond.

Kindest regards,
Kevin, Laurie, Sarah and our team.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Your rooms were satisfactory, but just remember it's the little things that count. Take care of your bathroom trim problems, and sink drains and I will be back again!! :) Sarah the guest services attendant was AWSOME!!! My family and I showed up for two rooms around 9pm and needed a pack and play for my 14 month old son. The first one she found was broke so she went to the storage room and found a brand new one!! She also overheard us talking about going to the gas station to get milk for him she offered some to us so we wouldn't have to go. She is an excellent example of courteous, and helpful. Please send her my gratitude in making my son, my family, and my expierience at your establishment a great one, even if it only was to sleep for the night.

• Stayed: January 2013
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

We very much appreciate your patronage and taking time to let us know how we are doing and how we can improve our unit. I will be certain to speak with Sarah and to have her read your most generous remarks, you are most kind and she will be delighted. My team and I fully agree with the "little" things that make the difference for at any time things can go wrong or malfunction so it's how we can be proactive in correcting issues and listening to our guests in order to help make their stay with us comfortable and down home genuinely friendly and helpful. We hope to see you with us again in your future travels.

Kindest regards,
Kevin, Sarah and our team.