Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY
Comfort Suites(Richmond)
$79
$55
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfront deskpolice stationroom was cleandog biscuitsgreat valueindoor poolfree breakfastcracker barrelstaff was friendlywafflesmicrowave and fridgenight stayhard boiled eggsthe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againoff the highwayhot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

everything was great.. but... the ONLY things i can say need to be stepped up is the Bathroom sink was missing the drain plug, the shower was done will ALL HOT and was still only warm, the water pressure was VERY LACKING, tub drain was slow draining, and the trim in the bathroom was coming off the walls.. Other than these (small, in my opinion) problems... GREAT PLACE... was CLEAN... Staff was VERY NICE, ETC....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Your comments and patronage are very much appreciated. We value honesty and our guests prospective through their eyes. We have have improvements to make and are working hard daily to improve our facility and over all quality of service and value. Please come back when you are in the area and require lodging.

Respectfully;

Kevin R. Bullock

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We always stop at this Red Roof Inn on our way down to South Carolina. There are lots of hotels and motels right in that area but the RRI is far and away the best value.
The hotel is older but is kept very clean. The staff is SO friendly and helpful. Free Wifi, pets allowed and continental breakfast.
I didn't have any of the food in the morning but my daughter did. She liked the fresh fruit and bagel.
Best thing is that the police station is at the end of the road. I felt safer as a woman traveling with a teenage girl.

Room Tip: I prefer main floor with our dog. He's not very fond of the elevator experience.
1  Thank Pam B
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Hi Pam.
All of us here sure hope that you and yours had a great and safe Christmas ! We truly appreciate your very kind review and we take it to heart. There are many options in our area for lodging needs and we are most grateful that you selected us. Please call upon us again.

Kindest regards,

Kevin, Laurie and out Team

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were very skeptical to try Red Roof,but having read so many positive reviews,we took a chance and booked reservations. We were in town for a family wedding and stayed 2 nights. From the moment we walked into the lobby,we were relieved and delighted with our choice. Walking into the room,we were pleasantly surprised to find it very clean and lovely. The room was spacious and the 2 queen beds were amazingly comfortable. The room ranked up there with big name hotels.

Only two areas need improvement: We never had a completely hot shower. The hot water seemed to be running out. As the water got cold during my shower,my husband informed the front desk of the problem and within a few minutes it started warming. There was never a constant flow of hot water. We managed though! Another area for improvement involves the bathroom as well. It was very clean,but I did see a build up of black residue around the grouted area of the soap holder and around the faucet. I was able to wipe it down with a Clorox wipe. A toothbrush would work well! Considering how clean everything else was,this a minor area of concern.

I am a clean freak and "germophobe" and I was so pleased I would stay at this Red Roof again and I can heartily recommend you do!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Your words of expression are so very kind and most humbly appreciated. We truly strive to have our guests feel like family and to be able to relax as if they were still at home with clean, comfortable, organized, sanitary surroundings. We all very much truly appreciate your patronage and wish you and yours a most blessed and safe Holiday season.

Kevin, Laurie and our team.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel has easy access to and from the freeway. There is a police department just down the street and within sight helping to make an infrequent traveler feel safe, and Cracker Barrel was a little further down the street which provided good, reasonably-priced food with a variety of items for souvenirs, gifts or something for yourself.

I felt comfortable when I checked into the Red Roof Inn in Richmond, KY and was very pleased when I walked into my spacious “home away from home” for the weekend - clean room/carpet, included wi-fi (free), desk, TV, microwave, mini-frig, hair dryer and alarm clock. The room I requested was guaranteed & available for me with my very late-night arrival. There were plenty of pillows – your choice to use firm or soft – on the large, comfortable bed. The continental breakfast had a variety of breakfast foods/drinks. Everything - including the location of my room - was exactly as requested since I was traveling with my dog, including easy access to/from the room to the parking area, and there was plenty of room to safely walk my dog.

The staff I had contact with was always friendly & helpful – no matter the hour. Darryl was quick to replace the alarm clock after I checked in and my wake-up calls were received on time each morning. Sarah was always pleasant with a quick/easy smile each time I saw her – even while vacuuming the halIway! (I doubt this was a requirement of her responsibilities.) She was quick and efficient when I checked out, provided me with the Savings Coupon Booklet and informed me about & answered my questions concerning the RediCard membership program.

The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the shower head - the ideal shower head, in my opinion, would have a better flow of water and adjustable settings.

Many thanks to all the staff for helping to make my stay relaxed and pleasant!! I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a dog, best room location would be on the ground floor near an entrance/exit to the hotel for those necessary trips outside. Also, if you are a smoker and there aren't any more smoking rooms available, getting a non-smoking room on the ground floor near an exit was no trouble at all.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

We are very pleased to read all of your most kind expressions and we are very appreciative not only for your patronage but to read that we were able to help make your stay enjoyable and restful. Our staff is truly committed in having our guests feel "at home" when they are away from their own and we all pitch in regardless of positions and titles to assist in maintaining a safe, clean, home environment for all of our guests. Sarah and Darrell have asked that I offer you their thanks for your kind words. We wish to you and yours a most Happy and Safe Holiday Season.

Kevin, Laurie and our Team

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Don't let your preconceptions of RED ROOF INN's stop you from trying this motel. It is clean, the staff is friendly, the king room was quite large with a small refrigerator and microwave. We used this as a sleeping room during a visit with family - so we were there maybe an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. While I would not recommend for a vacation - it is very adequate for overnighting... AND the PRICE is very good. We booked the night before use and got the room for something like $47.00 a night. To go visit family, have our own private room for about $100.00 for the weekend. WIN WIN. The continental breakfast is very limited but adequate, only difference from other pricier motels is that the waffles are frozen. Good cereal choices, boiled eggs, basics!!!!

Room Tip: Ah we were against the interstate and had some road noise but not so you couldn't sleep - in fact we overslept the first morning.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We very much appreciate your patronage and kind review. Please come back and stay with us again when you are in the area and have lodging needs.

Kindest regards,

Kevin, Laurie and the rest of our team..