All reviewsfront deskpolice stationroom was cleanindoor poolgreat pricestaff was friendlywould stay here againbagelsfridge and microwavethe breakfast areacontinental breakfastoff the highwayeasy accesspetdogwilliemotel
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were very skeptical to try Red Roof,but having read so many positive reviews,we took a chance and booked reservations. We were in town for a family wedding and stayed 2 nights. From the moment we walked into the lobby,we were relieved and delighted with our choice. Walking into the room,we were pleasantly surprised to find it very clean and lovely. The room was spacious and the 2 queen beds were amazingly comfortable. The room ranked up there with big name hotels.

Only two areas need improvement: We never had a completely hot shower. The hot water seemed to be running out. As the water got cold during my shower,my husband informed the front desk of the problem and within a few minutes it started warming. There was never a constant flow of hot water. We managed though! Another area for improvement involves the bathroom as well. It was very clean,but I did see a build up of black residue around the grouted area of the soap holder and around the faucet. I was able to wipe it down with a Clorox wipe. A toothbrush would work well! Considering how clean everything else was,this a minor area of concern.

I am a clean freak and "germophobe" and I was so pleased I would stay at this Red Roof again and I can heartily recommend you do!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Your words of expression are so very kind and most humbly appreciated. We truly strive to have our guests feel like family and to be able to relax as if they were still at home with clean, comfortable, organized, sanitary surroundings. We all very much truly appreciate your patronage and wish you and yours a most blessed and safe Holiday season.

Kevin, Laurie and our team.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel has easy access to and from the freeway. There is a police department just down the street and within sight helping to make an infrequent traveler feel safe, and Cracker Barrel was a little further down the street which provided good, reasonably-priced food with a variety of items for souvenirs, gifts or something for yourself.

I felt comfortable when I checked into the Red Roof Inn in Richmond, KY and was very pleased when I walked into my spacious “home away from home” for the weekend - clean room/carpet, included wi-fi (free), desk, TV, microwave, mini-frig, hair dryer and alarm clock. The room I requested was guaranteed & available for me with my very late-night arrival. There were plenty of pillows – your choice to use firm or soft – on the large, comfortable bed. The continental breakfast had a variety of breakfast foods/drinks. Everything - including the location of my room - was exactly as requested since I was traveling with my dog, including easy access to/from the room to the parking area, and there was plenty of room to safely walk my dog.

The staff I had contact with was always friendly & helpful – no matter the hour. Darryl was quick to replace the alarm clock after I checked in and my wake-up calls were received on time each morning. Sarah was always pleasant with a quick/easy smile each time I saw her – even while vacuuming the halIway! (I doubt this was a requirement of her responsibilities.) She was quick and efficient when I checked out, provided me with the Savings Coupon Booklet and informed me about & answered my questions concerning the RediCard membership program.

The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the shower head - the ideal shower head, in my opinion, would have a better flow of water and adjustable settings.

Many thanks to all the staff for helping to make my stay relaxed and pleasant!! I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a dog, best room location would be on the ground floor near an entrance/exit to the hotel for those necessary trips outside. Also, if you are a smoker and there aren't any more smoking rooms available, getting a non-smoking room on the ground floor near an exit was no trouble at all.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

We are very pleased to read all of your most kind expressions and we are very appreciative not only for your patronage but to read that we were able to help make your stay enjoyable and restful. Our staff is truly committed in having our guests feel "at home" when they are away from their own and we all pitch in regardless of positions and titles to assist in maintaining a safe, clean, home environment for all of our guests. Sarah and Darrell have asked that I offer you their thanks for your kind words. We wish to you and yours a most Happy and Safe Holiday Season.

Kevin, Laurie and our Team

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Don't let your preconceptions of RED ROOF INN's stop you from trying this motel. It is clean, the staff is friendly, the king room was quite large with a small refrigerator and microwave. We used this as a sleeping room during a visit with family - so we were there maybe an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. While I would not recommend for a vacation - it is very adequate for overnighting... AND the PRICE is very good. We booked the night before use and got the room for something like $47.00 a night. To go visit family, have our own private room for about $100.00 for the weekend. WIN WIN. The continental breakfast is very limited but adequate, only difference from other pricier motels is that the waffles are frozen. Good cereal choices, boiled eggs, basics!!!!

Room Tip: Ah we were against the interstate and had some road noise but not so you couldn't sleep - in fact we overslept the first morning.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We very much appreciate your patronage and kind review. Please come back and stay with us again when you are in the area and have lodging needs.

Kindest regards,

Kevin, Laurie and the rest of our team..

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I frequently travel back to see family and the Richmond area is a good halfway point for us. Last time around, we stayed at another hotel for about double the price. This time we decided to take a chance based on the generally positive reviews. We were not disappointed. The room was very large and clean; there was a huge desk in the corner that I would have really appreciated if I'd been staying longer. My wife tends have problems with some hotel beds but she found this one to be very comfortable. All the staff were very friendly. The breakfast bar was fine; definitely comparable to what we had at the hotel that was twice the price. We were on the 2nd floor, which was no problem, since there is an elevator. We will definitely be staying here on our future trips!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Your generous comments are most kind and we are very thankful for your expressions and patronage. We all hope you will choose us again for your lodging needs..

Kevin, Laurie and our team

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Booked a room for $50/night while on the road. This location is conveniently located just a short distance from the highway but the second turn off of the highway can be easy to miss; just look for the police station when turning onto Foxhaven Dr. The room was clean and very comfortable. My only complaint was that the microwave was from the 50's and there was a flood light located just outside of my room, but for the price I wouldn't turn this room down.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms face the highway. The windows are pretty well insulated so you can only hear a faint drone when you are close to the window.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

We highly appreciate you taking the time in submitting your kind remarks and have high hopes that you may choose our Red Roof location again for future lodging needs.

Kevin, Laurie and our staff