“Very nice..”

Red Roof Inn Lexington - Richmond
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
“Very nice..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a king suite with hot tub. It was a very nice room. They had new LCD tv's. Little noisy from the interstate cause it next to I-75. It has a indoor heated pool but in the pool house was hott. They also had hbo channels too.

• Stayed August 2012
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington - Richmond, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We all very much appreciate and value you kind words and business. Please choose us again for any future lodging needs.

Kindest regards,
Kevin, Laurie and staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Napoleon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very clean, hotel staff were extremely pleasant. Would stay there again!. On our family vacation we needed someplace animal friendly as we travel with our 7 year old Lhasa Apso. We also use a corporate discount from my job. Several places we have visited did not honor my discount. The Red Roof Inn, not only honored my discount, but there was no additional charge for my dog. I will always use The Red Roof Inn when I travel!

Room Tip: The suite is very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington - Richmond, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We so very much value and appreciate your choice in lodging with us and for all of your thoughtful comments. Please come back and see us again.

Kindest regards,

Kevin, Laurie and staff.
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very nice motel. We usually stay here overnight when traveling north on I75. Have never had unfriendly workers. The best thing is the fact that Red Roof is pet friendly. There is also a Cracker Barrel just down the street for a good meal after a day traveling. If I were staying for the pool or hot tub I would lower the rating but since I don't, I won't. This is the first stay that the pool was actually open for business but it was so cloudy that it didn't look healthy. The hot tub was still not functioning. We have stayed here at least the past 3 maybe 4 years. They do provide breakfast until 9 in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl L
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington - Richmond, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Cheryl,
We very much appreciate your kind words and you choosing our Red Roof for your lodging needs. We all hope that you will choose us again when you are in the area.

Kevin, Laurie and staff
Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I travel with 2 dogs that normally are discriminated against & not allowed in hotels because of their size, 42 lbs and 102 lbs. But at the Red Roof Inn, they not only welcome them, they don't charge anything extra either. Our room was clean, we had a comfortable king bed, the management & staff have been very helpful and friendly. They are easy to get to from the interstate, there are plenty of good places to eat, shopping nearby, & they have the normal amenities such as free breakfast, pool, etc. It may not be the fanciest place, but good service, clean rooms, & the accommodating attitude for my dogs makes this RRI a winner. My travels bring me to Richmond often, so I will most definitely be a returning customer. As well, I highly recommend RRI to those travelling with pets...of any size.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lexington - Richmond, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Sandra.. From all of us here, we very much appreciate your kind words ! Please come back and see us again soon.. Kevin, Laurie and staff..
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I want to commend the management staff, Kevin and Laurie V. for the professional service I received during my June stay. Kori was fantastic in assisting me in changing rooms. The cleaning staff worked their butts off....the Inn was completely booked and did a wonderful job keeping up will all the guest...which there were a number of them that were rather rude. HOWEVER, the PROFESSIONAL staff handled them all. I WILL STAY again. JD

Room Tip: Upgrade to the jacuzi room......awesome and relaxing......
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
JD.. You are most kind and we appreciate your patronage so very much! We hope to have you with us again real soon.. Kevin, Laurie and staff.
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is our first try at traveling with a pet. We usually stay at Quality or La Quinta's, but the pet fees are a little pricey and our Golden Retriever is +7 lbs past their limits. RR's let one "Well behaved" pet stay free. So we tried it. This hotel is a popular stop for travelers, as it was packed, and I am glad I booked ahead of time. The positives: Fast check in, no problems with room keys, inside entry to your room; elevator that actually worked; an average, but decent continental breakfast, including pretty good coffee; comfy king bed in room 109, ice machines and concessions on each floor; coin laundry facility on 3rd floor. The negatives: That 3rd floor laundry facility consists of a 6 x 12 teeny room with a washer and dryer. This teeny room has been overlooked by maintenance and cleaning crew FOR A LONG LONG TIME. The floor has lint balls and Bounce sheets everywhere. Thick dust, dirt and grime are built up behind the washer and dryer; The washer inside has been abused, but maybe if it were cleaned regularly, it would be more appealing to use. I used it for my dog's towels we lay on the back seat. The washer takes approximately 25 minutes to complete its' cycle, so there is plenty of time to roll your eyes around the landscape, since there is nothing else to do. The dryer has coins stuck in the squirrel cage inside the dryer. It is noisy. Period. Once the dryer fires up, it is almost impossible to stay in there. I took note of the third floor soda machine and snack machine not in working order. Overall, the hotel needs a professional carpet cleaner, and a merry maid type cleaning crew to deep clean each room. Facility maintenance is in order, to repair broken tiles throughout, as well as noisy doors, etc.Like I said, you get what you pay for. One night, approximately $50 plus tax.

Room Tip: The first floor is the ideal. No elevator, nor wait to get to your room. The third floor, is the wor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family