All reviewsfront deskpolice stationroom was cleanindoor poolfree breakfastgreat pricestaff was friendlywould stay here againbagelsfridge and microwavethe breakfast areaoff the highwayhot breakfasteasy accesspetdogwillie
Reviewed June 19, 2011

The people and room was very nice. Allison was very nice and accommodating and knew of a few good places for us to order dinner from. I was up early and went to the lobby for coffee and talked to Justin for a while at the front desk, he was also helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Nicki and Alison are awesome they are always willing to do what it takes to make a customer happy. The grounds are nice the rooms are very clean. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2011

Dear rcusick -

Thank you so much for your kind words!! We always appreciate hearing our guests had a great time at our hotel. We hope you'll stay with us next time you're in town and we can't wait to see you again!! :)

Nicky Helton
Red Roof Inn #551
859-625-0084
i0551@redroof.com

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Our room had bed bugs. We went to the front desk and were told we couldn't move. Then we asked to speak with a manager and we were told that we couldn't the girl at the front desk said that she was in charge. Another employee called the manager for us and she got us moved to a different room but that wasn't much better. There were no bedbugs but the smell of cat urine was overwhelming. We had 7 rooms in our group; 2 with bedbugs 3 with ants. Everyone was miserable afterwards.
Bad Service, Bad Rooms, Horrible Beds, Not a typical Red Roof Inn. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnathan_Terry
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stopped at this particular hotel on our trip home because on the hotel’s web site when we had researched for our trip it stated they had cribs available.
My husband had even mentioned it upon checking in that we required a crib and that he had seen that they had them available. It was late at night and we were exhausted. I was in the car with our daughter who was asleep when he was checking in. My husband assumed that since he spoke to the lady at the front desk that there was no issue with getting a crib.
He was only give ONE metal key and he asked for another one and she told him one key for one room.
When we got to our room we were disgusted. The room was FILTHY beyond what any room should be.
There was FOOD on the floor. Obviously no one vacuumed this room. The dust all over the room shows that the room had not been dusted in quite awhile. The TV screen had so much dust on it, we ended up going to use some of our wipes to wipe down the room. The bedding was dingy and had an unclean look to it. The curtains when moved had dust falling from it. After 30 minutes of walking on that floor my husband’s white socks were dirty. There is no way they clean those rooms and IF they did then someone doesn’t know what clean is. NO way we would ever let our daughter down on that floor.
My husband after having went to go get us some food called the front desk to inquire why there was no crib yet was told they have NO cribs. The excuse they used that they were in the process of purchasing cribs for the hotel but that they did not have new cribs yet. We were pretty ticked off BECAUSE he specifically asked about the crib when we checked in. It was one of the main reasons we chose that hotel.
I would NOT recommend this hotel. No way any hotel room should ever be that dirty and disgusting. They mislead you about what amenities they have EVEN after you ask about them at the front desk. If it had not been so late we would have gotten a refund and left to find another hotel. We left as soon as we could the next morning. We have stayed at Red Roof Inns before BUT we were turned off of them by this one. They need some help at that hotel. Get some people to clean those rooms and get front desk clerks who don't lie to people. If you don't have something then say it when they are checking in do not lie or mislead people. You'll do better business that way.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Dear Amberskye82,

I would just like to inform you that our hotel has recently gone through a management change and that we are sorry to hear your stay in August was not a good one. We have changed staff and I'm sure that you will be pleased with the staff that we now have. We have cribs that are available for guest use and have thoroughly cleaned the rooms. I'm sure that now they will be up to your standards. We are currently getting ready to go through even more renovations and are currently making sure that the hotel is getting better every day. I would like to ask you to give us another try and I hope that your next stay is way better than the last one.

Red Roof Inn Richmond Management

Reviewed May 12, 2010

The last time i stayed there we almost got kicked out because we had two dogs with us & they bark. OMG....that is what dogs do & i refused to let them kick me out due to that. Also the night before we left, we were in the swimming pool area and my aunt spotted roaches. They were crawling up the wall by the trash can next to the door to go back out into the lobby area. I had always had a decent experience with them until this last time and now, i refuse to go back. Now, weather they got the roach problem taken care of or not, i don't know. All i know is that it was the worst weekend at a hotel that i have ever experienced in my life.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

Dear Kentucky2010 -

I do apologize that you were not satisfied with our hotel during your stay in 2010. Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel and I do apologize that you feel that we were not very pet friendly to you during your stay. I am fully aware that dogs have a tendency to bark and apologize that you were asked to leave because of that.

I am also apolgizing for the cleanliness issue you had discovered in the pool room when you were trying to relax during your vacation. I can assue you that we have had taken care of the issue and that the pool room is now under proper maintenance.

I would like for you to give our hotel another chance on us. I hope that your next stay at our hotel far supercedes your last. Feel free to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to discuss you giving us another opportunity to improve your opinion about our hotel on your next visit to Richmond.

Truly yours,