“Best option in Richmond”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
“Best option in Richmond”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a nice place to stay en route to Virginia. The rate was reasonable, and the facility was very clean. The rooms were updated, and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again if I was ever in Richmond again.

• Stayed March 2013
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Timerchant,

We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Our entire staff strives to provide a memorable experience from start to finish. I will make certain to share your kind words with all of them.

Sima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great, clean rooms, nice pool - no hot tub. Location is close to many opportunities to shop and eat. You could walk to the bowling alley if you really wanted to. While staying for work-I understand this area is full of wonderful friendly people, however the front desk person made a few too many off color comments that made him appear less than professional.

Overall the hotel is clean and safe and I will stay there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2013
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Ms. Bojangles313,

Thank you for your recent reveiw. It is always nice to hear what a business is doing well and what they can improve on. We strive for excellence and I am sorry that you received anything but the most professional service. In order to help us improve and ensure your next stay with us exceeds your expecations, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issue you encountered. The information you provide will help me train my staff and improve the service we deliver. I realize that you have many choices when choosing a hotel and I appreciate that you chose us and have indicated that you will return in the future.

Sima M
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Once again saw the great reviews here so chose this one over the Hampton right next door who I've typically picked over these Holiday Inn Express locations. Liked the fact that they had all my frequent stay info on my reservation, quick electronic sign in at the front desk and a warm welcome despite my late arrival. They upgraded me to a king suite which was appreciated as well. I do like the way that they've upgraded the lounge/eating areas with the high seating chairs for singles (I happened to be traveling solo this time) and the breakfast was typical but quick and fresh so I could get back on the road. This could be a new favorite along a new route I decided to take to avoid the chaos going through ATL.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear late74C,

Thank you for the great review! We appreicate your stay with us and are pleased that you had a nice expereince. Travelling can be sometimes be chaotic and we are glad that we were able to help you relax and unwind. We hope to see you on your future travels.

Chicago
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have stayed here on several occasions. And yes this is nicer than the neighboring Hampton which could use some freshing.... The gal at the front desk is great. Didn't catch her name but you won't find anyone friendlier or more helpful. The only gripe I had about this stay was the faint smell of cigarette smoke in the room. The room and entire hotel was otherwise very clean. Breakfast was decent and they have fresh popcorn later in the afternoon. Seems the prices have crept up here a bit too. Overall, this is the place to stay in Richmond.

Room Tip: As always, ask for an upgrade. Elevator is slow so 1st or 2nd floor would be preferrable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Kubzfan,

Thank you for the nice review. I will make sure to share your comments with the Front Desk Associate that took care of you. We take great care to prepare all rooms for our guests and apologize for the discomfort you experienced with the faint smell. Our goal is to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Jackson, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I usually go to Richmond alone on business but this time I had company and didnt want to stay in any of the budget hotels which are, uh, scary to say the least. I was very pleased with my stay and the "corner suite" was well worth the money and was nicer than some of the "executive level" rooms that I have stayed in at other Holiday Inn's. This is a newer hotel and is spotlessly clean, has very friendly staff and a great breakfast. If you read the reviews about the budget hotels in Richmond you had best believe them because I know from personal experiance how bad they are. I recommend this Holiday Inn Express as the best place to stay when in town!

Room Tip: Ask for a Corner Suite - it's worth the few extra bucks!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Amethyst-King,

Thank you for your kind words and review. We strive to provide our guests with the best service possible and the staff will be thrilled to know that they delivered just that. We hope to see you on your next trip to Richmond.

Redding, California
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Great value, good location near to San fran.
Fantastic rooms, spacious, good mattresses & pillows. Nice clean bathrooms.
Breakfast is great, pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, muffins... All you could want.
Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Josh S
Springfield
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel was very clean and up to date, but the staff is what made the experience so great. As the other reviewers indicated, the hotel was right off the freeway, but we couldn't hear the traffic noise. The manager who was manning the front desk was friendly and made us feel more than welcome. Every employee at the hotel seemed happy, smiled and spoke to us. This was truly a well-managed and well-maintained property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy N.

Thank you for the wonderful review! Our entire staff takes great pride to ensure that each and every guest has a memorable experience. We hope to see you on your future travels.