“nasty, awful, never ever stay at this place”

Super 8 Radcliff Ft. Knox Area
Super 8 Radcliff Ft. Knox Area
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Radcliff
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This is conveniant to Ft. Knox but I promise it is worth the drive to stay in Elizabeth town. This place stinks and is in an awful part of town. Our truck was broken into and all that they cared about is not wanting the other guests to know that it was broken into. The shower didn't work correctly and this place completely over charges. Trust me it is a dump!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2010

I booked a hotel room a month in advance for my son's Army graduation. I had a confirmation number and called the night before I was due to make sure nothing had changed. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told that "I had called sometime between the hours of midnight and 7 AM and cancelled my reservation" and there were no rooms available. They couldn't specify exactly who had cancelled my reservation or precisely when, only that it had come from but they couldn't do anything to help us. I was required to get a room 15 miles away at 11:00 at night because that's all that was available. It was a HORRIBLE beginning to an otherwise wonderful family trip. I am still waiting for Super 8 to follow up on my complaint.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Ok, so the Super 8 is trying to go all non smoking. The only problem is the whole hotel smells like smoke. They charge you $150 fee for smoking in the room, but can they really tell? It's that bad. My husband and I don't smoke, so for us it was worse than for someone who does. The bathtub was filthy and stained with black crud and all of the sinks/tubs, etc. in the room were clogged, so when we showered we had water to our ankles. The beds aren't too bad, but they could be of higher quality. The ac was weird to run - it would shut off when it was still hot in the room. It was hard to get a comfortable temperature. On the plus side, the hotel staff was pretty good about addressing our issues, but I still wouldn't come back. Why would you stay somewhere for $80/night with a military discount when you could've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for the same price? Lesson learned for next time! This hotel is perfect for people who don't want to spend any time in their room and maybe for a night. Definitely not for families with kids or multiple night stays. They really need to overhaul this motel!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hoobsGA
Reviewed September 11, 2008

This hotel REEKS like a cigarette factory. It is clear that the non-smoking rooms used to be smoking. And me being 6 months pregnant, I was pretty turned off by this. Their website also says that there is wireless internet. When I was unable to get a connection, the man at the front desk told me it was because I had a room on the end of the building and that I would have to sit in the lobby to get a signal. So this is definitely not a place to stay if you are there on business. The blankets had numerous large holes in them and the carpets were extremely stained. Overall this is a very dirty hotel. The abandoned gas station/convenience store in front of the hotel is clearly a hangout for drug dealers and prostitutes, so make sure you lock your car doors. Use this hotel as a last resort....

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 22, 2003

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Super 8 in Radcliff (in December 2003) and did not get any rest at all. The first night, there were four people in the room next to me that went in and out of the room constantly, slamming the door. When I complained to the front desk, they started using the window instead of the door, which wasn't much quieter.The second night, the fire alarm in the hallway went off 3 times. I finally gave up trying to get any sleep and when I asked the clerk if I could have some coffee, he refused to brew a pot until 4:30 (it was 3:30). I had to drive 5 miles to a Waffle House to get a cup of coffee.

10  Thank md10pc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radcliff
Gold Vault Inn
Golden Manor Inn & Suites
Golden Manor Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Muldraugh
Americas Best Value Inn Brandenburg

Been to Super 8 Radcliff Ft. Knox Area? Share your experiences!