“Soldier Send Off”

Harlan Campground, Cabin, & Kayak Rentals
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We came to Harlan Campground to have a last family outing before our Grandson left for Army Basic Training. My son in law also has old family roots in Harlan County so it was fun to explore the area for family information. We could not have had more fun, even with the occasional downpours during the time we were there. The facilities were clean and well kept, and fit our needs perfectly. Our group of seven had plenty of space and did not feel crowded in the cabin. The internet was helpful in looking up sites to see in the area. The staff was more than helpful and knowledgeable of the area and opportunities for fun. The access to the trails from here is very convenient. Steve went more than out of his way when we encountered a problem on the trail to make sure we were taken care of and able to enjoy our stay. We look forward to more trips back to Harlan Campground. It is a first class operation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chief_HFPD

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We used an rv spot for 3 nights. Very accessible. Very nice restrooms + very clean! Owner was very nice and accommodating. We will be back
for sure!
We have a tube buggy and black mountain has some of the most extreme trails I've ever been on. Mason Jar, Lion's Den, etc. Had an awesome time!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 1fast67
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been camping there since 2008 and loved every time. Most of the time I've camped for 3 nights. I consider it my home away from home because I feel so comfortable there and when it's time to go, I always wish I had at least another day to stay there. They have made significant improvements throughout the years to accommodate customers. The group I camp with always stays in the primitive camping area. It's peaceful, clean and one of the best campgrounds to go to. Definitely worth the money. There is plenty of parking for those that need to bring in trailers. The "new" showers are great, much more roomy since they built the new building. Permits to go on the trails is worth the money too. I always recommend this place to others looking to camp as well as do some trail riding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JennStraw
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is the perefect location for trail access. The camping spaces are nice and flat. The parking lot has plenty of room to manuver a trailer. The Staff was very friendly. The camping area showers and rest rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank OhioRover
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have been there for the last 2 years at the fall crawl and we had a great time,. The staff was wonderful and we will be coming back for sure for the fall crawl and maybe in the spring time. Thanks so much for a great time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jimmy M
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place is extraordinary, We got the Social Living Deal Or else Group On and got a free Zip-Line on Black Mountain and oh Boy you talk about fun that was absolutely great. We stayed in the big cabin, Scenery was beautiful. I wish we would have stayed for more than 2 nights I would have like to do a little hiking on the trails . If you ever get the chance to get to Harlan County Campground it will be a place you want to return. Lots of sight seeing opportunities in the area!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri V
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have only been to Harlan County Campground & RV park a couple times, but they were very good memories. The trips were worth every mile of the 1100+ miles to get there. The park staff were very friendly and helpful, facilities were clean, and our camping area was always clean and well kept. Both of my visits were with a group of 4x4 enthusiasts who visit the part at least once a year, usually twice. Every visit they hold a vote on where to go, and Harlan always wins because of the great trails, staff, and facilities. I hope to get back to the park again soon, hopefully in 2013.

The prices were very reasonable, trails well marked with maps available, and our camping area quiet and secluded. They have upgraded many aspects of the park since I was last there, and I can't wait to experience the improvements.

Room Tip: Plan your weekend trips early, they tend to fill up- especially holiday weekends.