“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Prestonsburg
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Highly recommend. We stayed 45 days and nights in this wonderful place!!!!!!! Our home was completely destroyed during a house fire and we stayed until we could be relocated. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was to us during our time of despair. At the time our baby was only 9 weeks old and the cleaning staff became somewhat of family to us. They went out of their way to make our stay homey. God bless all these wonderful people.

Room Tip: For great pool access stay on bottom floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PansyS126, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank You! What wonderful comments about our staff. Each one of them enjoy making your stay feel like home. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review hope your next stay will be under better circumstances. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very clean, beds could have been newer but were comfortable. Easy in/out, quiet location.Very friendly staff. Decent breakfast, good coffee. If we return to this area we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PansyS126, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much I am very glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Suites, I have shared your comments with our staff,we try very hard to make all of our guest feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Covington, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a great hotel. Clean, comfortable and an amazing staff. One of the best family friendly places to stay. I always love a place with a pool and theirs rates high. I have stayed here 15 or more times over the last few years and always feel like I am home here. On occassion we have arrived super late and tired...the staff is always willing to grab us a yogurt or cereal on the way to our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PansyS126, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are delighted that you had a wonderful time with us in Prestonsburg! Our friendly staff, breakfast options, indoor pool, are some of many things that our guest love.

We appreciate your feedback. It serves as motivation for our team. It would be our pleasure to serve you in the future.
College Park, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff was very friendly and check in was super fast. I was in my room in less than 5 minutes. Hotel could use a little updating, but it was still great. Some of my television channels were static but I made it through. There's a microwave and fridge in each room if you have to stay for a long period of time I suggest going to walmart and getting a few things. McDonalds is up the road. Hotel is smoke free but I would suggest they let guest who smoke know that smoking IN FRONT of the entrance is prohibited. Would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank roadwarrior1982
Thank you for providing us with feedback We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the best hotel in the town, I would definitely come back, property looks lot better after renovation, front desk staff was excellent and very helpful, love the break last, I believe price was appropriate and was much better than Hampton Inn

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel was spotless and recently remodeled. We had a third floor room and it was clean, modern, comfortable. Reception on TV was a tad fuzzy but we were there to sleep. I would recommend this hotel and will most certainly stay there again when visiting the old homestead in Wayland.

Bonuses:
Breakfast! They had a great spread, clean, refreshed, just-cooked selections. Stay and eat!!!
Free WiFi!
Beautiful bathroom!
Pull-out couch! If you need it (although could have used some pillows for it when watching TV)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the third floor....away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PansyS126, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us ,our number one goal is to have satisfied customers.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Sincerly
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ah, the glamour of international travel; I stayed at this hotel for three weeks recently. Pluses are that the rooms are clean and spacious, beds comfortable, the wifi super fast (enough for good quality video Skype) the chambermaids very sweet, and, er that's it.
Negatives are that the breakfast looks like something the cat left in a litter tray and the corridors resemble something out of The Shining. During the tedious long walk down my corridor, down the stairs and down the next corridor to get to the single washing machine I kept turning corners fearing I was going to see twin girls around the next bend. And when I found the washing machine full I had to go back the same interminable walk down corridors back to my room. And then back down the stairs, the corridor....well you get the picture.
My biggest bugbear was some of the desk staff. Whilst a few showed initiative, a number showed a complete lack of customer service. The example that sums it up best was when I asked the desk staff what time a local restaurant closed (it being late on a Sunday), my answer was "I don't know". When, fed up of this, I responded with "could you find out?" I got "Say please". Now call me stupid, but from my experience in most hotels around the world when the desk staff say "I don't know" it is (or should be) followed by "would you like me to find out?". Is that kind of customer care from a front desk too much to ask? In some places it would, alas, seem so.

Room Tip: Get one near a lift and ask for one that has never been a smokers room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Boutiqueseeker
Pansy S, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your comment , I'm sorry the front desk clerk didn't get you the information you ask for, we have taken care of this issue.
Once again, thanks for the comments, we certainly enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestonsburg
Brookshire Inn Prestonsburg
Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center
Days Inn Paintsville
Days Inn Paintsville
#2 of 3 in Paintsville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!