“Rated Excellent on Lodge Room”

Jenny Wiley State Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Prestonsburg
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Recently I had a meeting at the Jenny Wiley State Resort Park and stayed in a room at the May Lodge. I was quite pleased with the lovely accommodations. The bed was absolutely and fabulously comfy - as were the pillows. The room and bedding were clean, with no visible stains on the carpet. I stayed on the second floor and had a balcony with a sliding screen door. The evening was cool so I was able to have the screen door open and it was very relaxing. I was appreciative that there was an iron and a hairdryer in my room.
I did not see alot of the rest of the park, so I can only give the room itself a review. The layout of the park was very different, and it was hard to know where the park began and ended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have lived in Kentucky most my life and have NEVER stayed at state resort park, however I have visited EVERYONE. Jenny Wiley, Greenbo Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Dalehollow and Cumberland Falls state resort parks rank among my favorite ones to visit. But ALL the resort parks have amazing food and GREAT VIEWS and some have very scenic drives. I usually go eat at one at least once a month.

Room Tip: Can't help here, never stayed at any state resort park.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank workharddieproud
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We just returned from an overnight stay at Jenny Wiley State Resort Lodge. The lodge was nice but the room smelled pretty musty when we first opened it up. The staff was very helpful and the grounds and pool area were well maintained. The food was very good in the restaurant. We walked on two long, pretty well maintained trails but were disappointed when we saw trash in several spots and parts of the trails closed off. We have been to several Kentucky state parks now and this was probably our least favorite overall.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake have the nicest view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I read a lot of reviews and had mixed feelings about what was expected. I needed lodging anywhere between Pikeville to Prestonsburg and found prices prohibitive on my per diem. My rating is based on what I received for the price I paid. I stayed in the Lodge and will say the rooms need some updating. However, my room was clean and I enjoyed the deck off my room that faced the lake and hill/mountain on the other side. It was very quiet and serene after a long day at work! I know the park offers many activities but I did not avail myself of any of them. My review is strictly the lodge. The staff, when checking in, was very efficient and pleasant. My room looks as if it were newly carpeted and clean. I mentioned to the desk clerk that I prefer not to have housekeeping every day since I have work papers laying out and let's face it, who changes their sheets at home every day? When I stopped at the desk the following day to pick up some coffee for my room, the clerk already had a bag made up with coffee and creamer/sweetener packets for me, enough for a week! When you say you have a lodge room, it's a little misleading. There is a main building that is the lodge but the rooms are like a motel, away from the lodge. I ate at the buffet, in the lodge, several times and consider it a typical buffet. The wait staff appear to be college students and were very friendly and efficient. I also visited the lounge, something new I think, and found the barmaid very friendly. You can order menu items from the lounge, just not the buffet. All in all, I am enjoying my stay, have been here 1-1/2 weeks so far with another 1-1/2 weeks to go. I would return if back in the area.

Room Tip: Request a lower level room with deck facing the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We just returned from a 3-night stay at the lodge at Jenny Wiley State Park.
The staff was welcoming and helpful, the food was great, the room was clean and comfortable - our every need was met. The staff had made note that it was our anniversary, and treated us like VIPs. We wished we could have stayed another night to enjoy this oasis in the beautiful
mountains of eastern Kentucky.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the parking lot, if you can. The mountain views are so scenic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Our time got cut short due to a family death. Everyone at the was helpful in taking care of of our one night stay and understanding that we needed to leave. I can not say enough about the accommodations, my Wife is a city gal it was an eye opener for her, not her typical HI or Hilton.
I would recommend staying here quite GREAT staff

Room Tip: stay in hotel not in cottages unless you like the outdoors I do Wife and daughter no so much
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were on an adventure and ended up for the night at Jenny Wiley State Park. There were lodge rooms available for under $70! We have stayed at a lot of KY State Parks. These rooms were somewhat dated, but clean and comfortable. The only issue was that the air conditioner was loud and kept going off and on all night and it was either really hot or really cold in our room. The park itself is really nice. We spent some time at the campground because they had line dancing and that was really fun. The archery range did not have any targets, so we were disappointed that we couldn't shoot our bows. They have a lot of activities for kids. The restaurant was good. We had the buffet and there were several veggie and meat choices, as well as a pretty extensive salad bar. The wait staff were college aged and were all friendly locals. Next time we will rent a canoe. We just ran out of time this time. The pool was nice and we enjoyed meeting other guests there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lv2Laff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestonsburg
Comfort Suites
Hampton Inn Pikeville
#1 of 5 in Pikeville
Holiday Inn Express Pikeville
Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Jenny Wiley State Resort? Share your experiences!