Jenny Wiley State Resort
$85
Travelocity
$179
$159
All reviewsdining roomelk viewingconvention centerbeautiful areamy mothersaturday morningnice placelodgelakebalconyjennycampingrenovationrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Our time got cut short due to a family death. Everyone at the was helpful in taking care of of our one night stay and understanding that we needed to leave. I can not say enough about the accommodations, my Wife is a city gal it was an eye opener for her, not her typical HI or Hilton.
I would recommend staying here quite GREAT staff

Room Tip: stay in hotel not in cottages unless you like the outdoors I do Wife and daughter no so much
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were on an adventure and ended up for the night at Jenny Wiley State Park. There were lodge rooms available for under $70! We have stayed at a lot of KY State Parks. These rooms were somewhat dated, but clean and comfortable. The only issue was that the air conditioner was loud and kept going off and on all night and it was either really hot or really cold in our room. The park itself is really nice. We spent some time at the campground because they had line dancing and that was really fun. The archery range did not have any targets, so we were disappointed that we couldn't shoot our bows. They have a lot of activities for kids. The restaurant was good. We had the buffet and there were several veggie and meat choices, as well as a pretty extensive salad bar. The wait staff were college aged and were all friendly locals. Next time we will rent a canoe. We just ran out of time this time. The pool was nice and we enjoyed meeting other guests there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lv2Laff
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights at Jenny Wiley. I was there for work so I did not have time to enjoy anything the state park had to offer. The room was outdated but was reasonably clean. It smelled musty but I think that's to be expected up in the mountains surrounded by trees. Especially since there had been a lot of rain recently. I ate in the dining room for convenience and it was pretty good. They had a buffet with typical buffet food but it wasn't bad for $7.99 (lunch). All in all I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent one night here on a trip with our two grandsons, and luckily only one night. We have stayed at many state park lodges before, and most are rustic and by no means luxurious. But many are well worth it for the beautiful surroundings. Unfortunately Jenny Wiley's lodge was perhaps the worst we've ever visited. The park itself is nice, winding along the lake for five or six miles. But the lodge is much in need of a refreshening, and there was a definite lack of hospitality. The room rate was quite reasonable at only $72/night, so you can't expect too much for that price. But you should expect decent service and a clean facility. Our room was pretty shabby, with a rather dark atmosphere and a dead roach on the porch. The carpeted walkway leading to the room was littered with leaves and other material such that you definitely would not want to walk on it in your bare feet. Our first impression was that of a really seedy place (like some very old motels you still see along the highway), and that impression never changed.

Some of the staff were friendly, but the servers in the dining room were surly and front desk personnel didn't seem to know too much when we would ask them a question. In general, the staff seemed unmotivated to provide good service.The lobby is not at all inviting. The restaurant overlooks the lake and was OK, with the standard dinner and breakfast buffet---mediocre, but acceptable. They do have a bar/lounge where you can get pizza, sandwiches, etc., and the servers there seemed more positive. Probably the best part of the lodge is that they do have a nice pool, but they were out of towels when we first got there, so I had to walk up to the lodge lobby to request more towels. Overall, the issues here seem to be a management issue, although perhaps the recession has impacted how much the state of Kentucky can spend on upkeep, etc. We would definitely not stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm afraid there really aren't any good rooms, but ours did overlook the pool and the view was decent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lchjr
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed in a cabin last week and it was Filthy! The tub had a soap scum ring, toilet had urine on it, potato chips and kleenex on the floor, dirty sheets, hair in the drains...Disgusting! The staff was less than helpful. With limited options in the area, we stayed. I cleaned the cabin myself! The cabins have the potential to be nice; however, their staff needs a complete overhaul! The furniture needs to be steam cleaned or Replaced!

Room Tip: Do not stay in the cabins!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family