Review Highlights
Fall Getaway

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Donna B
Louisville, Kentucky
The Elk Viewing tour is awesome. Trinity is the guide and he is so personable and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
406maryy
Shelbyville

All reviews outdoor drama catfish state resort park jenny wiley overlooking the water hiking trails bedroom cabin rented a pontoon boat ridge trail lodge fishing dewey moss theatre elk
Reviewed 1 week ago

We really enjoyed our stay overnight in the lodge. Great walks around here and down to the lake. Had an awesome meal in their Admiral Dewey's bar and grill.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love to hike and went to Jenny Wiley to try out their new Sugarcamp Mountain Trails. We were not disappointed! The trails ranged from easy to difficult and had gorgeous mountain views! An added bonus was the 2 bedroom cabin we rented at the park. The cabin was clean, well-stocked, and was located within walking distance of the lodge. The staff at the lodge was friendly, but didn't know much about the trails in the area. Another surprise was a festival in Prestonsburg. We especially enjoyed the lumberjack competition and the small town, friendly atmosphere! Kentucky is a beautiful state!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The lodge is very nice and quaint. Beautiful scenery and surroundings. We had a very bad experience in the dining room. Our waitress was slow and rude. We asked for coffee to drink. She brought us 2 cups, everyone else were getting pots brought to their table. We had to ask for more, she acted offended because we ask for more. She brought us a half full pot of warm not hot coffee. Ordered catfish and baked potato. She brought no butter, potato was hard as if it had been microwaved. Catfish was so overcooked we couldn't even pull it apart. Probably won't go back to the dining room.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

The park is situated around a muddy ole lake that is known for fishing, which we don't do. We DO however hike, and enjoyed a 3 mile hike from the lodge that was up and down and beautiful. The lodge room was very roomy, clean, well-priced, and overlooking the water. There is a nice balcony where we enjoyed morning coffee. The restaurant serves good solid, unspectacular food decently priced. It is a bit out of our way but if we find ourselves in the neighborhood we'd definitely stay again.

1  Thank bbgee1923
Reviewed September 20, 2018

One of the worst run state camp grounds we have stayed at. Our experience started with a staff that could not really care. Many of the regulations were ignored including dogs running loose and unruly kids all over the place. Most of the sights were adequately large enough but most were no where level and we needed blocks as well as our leveling jacks. Water connections were not easy with sites sharing so if you are the "wrong" side you need a 50ft. or longer hose to hook up. Bathrooms not all that clean or maintained. We would never stay here again.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

The park setting is beautiful. It has everything, Resort, cabins, camping, picnic area, trails, lake for fishing and boating, plus a swimming pool. We were only interested in the view and just drove through the park. It was a very nice drive.

1  Thank William M
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in the campground. Sites were spacious. There were lots of kid activities for kids. It was right next to the lake which was convenient. We kayaked and swam in the lake which was nice. It’s also very close to Dewey Dam which has a great playground area. The downsides were that sewage hookup is only available at a few sites so we had to use the campground bath houses. They were absolutely disgusting and were not cleaned the entire 4 days we were there. A used women’s feminine hygiene product was left in one of the showers and was there the entire time. Some of the showers were also broken. It was filthy and my little one cried when she had to shower in there. Water hook up is further away than most so we had to have family bring us an additional hose. It was also super packed the entire weekend and there were tons of smokers. We will probably not stay there again.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

Recently stayed in one of the cabins at Jenny Wiley. The cabins were as nice as expected in a state park, and each of the 2 bedrooms had 2 double beds. However, we traveled with children and when we arrived we found out the pool was empty and closed down which was disappointing. Also, Dewey Lake was full of trash. Everywhere you looked there were multiple plastic bottles and garbage. (Not the fault of Jenny Wiley of course), but it was sad to see that people littered into the lake like that.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

We went, primarily to see the outdoor drama/musical. Last week was :Footloose" and it was very good! It stopped raining just long enough for us to get to see the show. Took our granddaughter and bought her a new swimsuit, but when we got there, the pool was closed - no water in it. Nobody informed us of this. I would have chosen a hotel in town if I had known. Also, the elevator did not work, which - due to my handicap forced me - to eat in the bar. It rained almost the whole time we were there so I can not tell you about views. There are several hiking trails but I am not a hiker so can't tell you about those.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

I was not impressed with the lodge here. I thought it would be a better experience than just a Holiday Inn which was more expensive, although closer to my final destination for a family reunion. But I found the lodge a little hard to find, the parking was bad and I had to park far away just to walk up and ask if I was in the right place. There was a restaurant in the park somewhere, but not in the lodge, just a bar that had a noisy band playing, and so was not a good place to take my small children. The pools, which were one of the reasons I had booked here, were empty for some reason. The door to our room was very hard to open and close. The room was not clean. There were hairs on the bedspread and housekeeping obviously didn't clean the bathroom at all, they just put more towels in there, because when I pulled the curtain to take a shower there two used washcloths that were hung over the shower rod still in place, and an old used bar of soap in the tub. The staff was friendly enough, and the room was pretty, but I don't think I would stay there again.