All reviewscumberland gaphiking trailsbeautiful parklincoln memorialcatfishbedroom cabinlaminate floorsdaniel boonebalcony overlookingthe main lodgethe cottageslove seatget away from it allgas fireplacenice visitcouple nightsminiature golf
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We dropped our son off at Lincoln Memorial and stayed a couple days here. The rooms are very clean for the age. The food at the restaurant is not that good however, the view of the mountains is spectacular!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Took family to the lodge for a nice dinner, first some of the things that were ordered at our table they were out of it. Second, it took over an hour to even get started bringing our food. My husband ordered a hot brown, the ham on it came from Daniel Boone, tough and dried out. It took an hour to get a grilled cheese for a child, really? Son in law ordered. Steak sandwich, after thirty minute wait the waitress came out and said they were out. Ordered fish with slaw, and fries, never got the slaw. Hard to pay such high prices for fair food and bad service.

Room Tip: Don't eat here, unless it's buffet where you can get your own food
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2017

The stay here was a surprise from my fiancée. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton 2 weeks before this trip and I'm used to traveling that way. However, my beloved is native to the area (Middlesboro) and wanted me to experience KY the way he remembered it. I must admit that I was delighted. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and the cabin was rustic, cozy, and just the right level of seclusion without being scary. I would stay here again! I would definitely buy one of the candles they have for sale at check in; the rooms do tend to be a bit musty.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2017

There are two ways to reach the Pine Mountain State Resort Park - over the mountain, through twists and turns, forest. Or take the 4 mile two lane road directly from the I-90. The Evans Lodge lives up to its name, with lounges for winter visitors complete with log fires, next to the restaurant. Rooms radiate out from Reception, are roomy, newly furbished, exceptionally clean, overlook the forest, central parking for all vehicles. The restaurant appears basic, however the Chefs skills are far from basic. As with all first class resorts, the staff are all customer focused, visitors are free to hike, sit on their balcony or visit the restaurant for an excellent meal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bryonia2015
Reviewed July 13, 2017

I'm always excited about a clean hotel room! The floors were laminate which made the rooms even more clean! No nasty carpet. The pool was clean and SO fun! The restaurant was yummy. All you can eat catfish! Slow service is my only complaint. Be aware that the beds in the double room are actual double beds. Not super comfortable for a lot of people.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family