“Peaceful night in a beautiful place”

Pine Mountain State Resort Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pineville
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I loved the little balcony of my room -- looking out on the mountain valley--and the nearby peaceful trails. The dining room was under renovation from flooding during a hard winter and operating in reduced space, but I hear its views are usually spectacular, and I look forward to that on another visit. A lovely place to spend a night or two for a modest price.

Room Tip: One room I looked at had a noisy air conditioner next to the balcony; if you want a quiet balcony, a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Rita E, Manager at Pine Mountain State Resort Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for giving Pine Mountain positive feedback. I am glad you had such a wonderful experience here despite the construction. We have moved back into our dining room and the view is just as beautiful as ever. I look forward to having you back.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We had visited Pine Mountain and Chained Rock many times before, and had even eaten ate the lodge's Mountain View restaurant, but hadn't stayed at the lodge. This time we did. What a treat... Cute, cozy and clean, with a great view!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Barbie P

Thank you for posting a review for Pine Mountain. I am happy that you finally got the chance to stay in our lodge and look forward to your business in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I recently stayed in a 2bdrm/2bath cabin at Pine Mountain. My accommodations were mostly good. My bed was a little worn and some of the features, such as the plumbing fixtures, were old and needed some maintenance attention. But the cabin was comfortable, clean, quiet, and reasonably priced. I went to Pine Mountain for a relaxing weekend hiking getaway... And that's what I got! The staff was friendly and responsive.

The food at the lodge was good and affordable. The dining room was under construction during my trip. So, I was unable to enjoy the mountain view from the lodge. However, I was able to enjoy the view on a previous trip.

I would like to see Pine Mountain State Park further develop their hiking trail system, similar to some other parks in Kentucky. However, Cumberland Gap National Park, which is nearby, has ample hiking opportunities and serves as a good venue for hiking and camping.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PJtheK

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here despite the construction. We have moved back in our dining room recently. We all missed the beautiful view. I hope you choose us for a future visit. Please feel free to contact me if I can help you with anything.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

After moving to Kentucky 4 years ago, we decided to visit somemof the Kentucky State Parks.
Coming from Northern Kentucky, the trip took about 4 hours.
We actually rented a pet friendly one bedroom cabin because we brought our Lab puppy and our cat that loves to travel.
What a surprise when we opened the log cabin door! It was charming. The windows all had wooden shutters on the inside to block out light in the morning and for privacy at night.
We had an adorable living room with a comfortable sofa and chair as well as a nice field
stone type fireplace and a decent sized television.
The kitchen was small, but had everything to make basic meals.
The bathroom was of sufficient size and had a great shower.
After exploring and taking pictures, we decided to have lunch at the Lodge Restaurant.
Great service, good food and a very friendly staff were impressive for this time of year.
I highly recommend Pine Mountain Lodge. It is a perfect choice for couples with or without
pets. Because there is just a swimming pool, it probably would not offer enough to keep kids
occupied...this was a feature I found appealing if you enjoy peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: Get a cabin, they are awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edistocarol

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Pine Mountain. I am glad you had an enjoyable time while staying here. We look forward to a future visit from you.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have had the pleasure of spending a great deal of time at the state parks throughout Kentucky, and Pine Mountain continues to be my favorite. The views are spectacular and the hiking trails are definitely worth checking out. Some of the rooms and cottages are also pet friendly, making it a fun destination to bring the dog along for some exploring. My favorite place to stay there is in one of the old log cabins that sit above the lodge and park. They have huge wood fireplaces in the center of the room and a very comfortable feel.
They did have a water line break during the winter months and are working to restore the lodge and dining area. We were told that everything would be completed by May 21st for the Mountain Laurel Festival. We enjoyed several meals during our recent stay at the restaurant which provided a lot of options from a recently expanded menu. They have also begun serving alcoholic beverages in recent months which is something you won't find in the surrounding area, at least not legally.
Looking forward to a return visit already!

Room Tip: The old one bedroom log cabins are an experience you won't want to miss.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KYBATMAN
Rita E, General Manager at Pine Mountain State Resort Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay at Pine Mountain State Resort Park. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I hope your next visit is as pleasurable as your last one. Please feel free to call me if I can assist you in the future.
606-337-3066

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Staff was doing the best they could under very trying circumstances: construction delays, temporary kitchen & dining room, peeling exterior paint. Could be pretty woodland setting if given the thorough, complete renovation that's needed.

Room Tip: If you have a problem climbing steps while toting luggage, be sure to indicate at time of reservatio...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J R

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about Pine Mountain State Resort Park. I’m sorry that the lodge being under construction made your visit less than enjoyable. We are undergoing a lot of renovations due to water damage and are very excited about the changes that are taking place. We will have our full kitchen back open by Memorial Day Weekend. The dining room will follow in June. We have taken steps to correct the delays in food service due to the limited space. It has been a learning experience for us all. Once the construction is complete, I would be happy to suggest an accommodation for a future visit. I think you will find our lodge more agreeable. Please feel free to call me if I can assist you in the future.
606-337-3066

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I only give it two stars because of the serenity, view, and solitude. We stayed in cabin 223. The bedding was scratchy and the cabin smelled like your great grandmothers house. The bathroom door latch was broke so the door wouldn't even close all the way. The gas log fireplace was broken, too. I did call the front desk to ask inform them if this but the maintenance man had already left for the night. The front desk did offer to put in a work order for the fireplace to be fixed tomorrow .... After we would have been checked out. For $130 a night, it would be worth the drive back to the Lake Cumberland State Park. The cabins have been updated and their service is top notch. The main lodge is under construction so maybe this is the beginning of some much needed updates.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaBrandon14
Rita E, Manager at Pine Mountain State Resort Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Pine Mountain State Resort Park. We Value ourselves on good customer service and our natural beauty. I am sorry you had a bad experience while staying in the 1-bedroom rustic log cabin. We have already fixed the pilot light that was out on the fireplace and maintenance is working on the latch for the bathroom door. I would be happy to recommend a more modern cottage or room in the lodge for a future visit. Please feel free to contact me at 606-337-3066 if I can assist you further. Rita Edmondson Park Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Sleep Inn & Suites Middlesboro
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg
Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro

Been to Pine Mountain State Resort Park? Share your experiences!