Without a doubt, it's a pleasant surprise to have this basically nice hotel available in Pikeville. It's a nice, new highrise structure with plenty of free-parking in the garage next door. The facility overall is pleasant, comfortable and decorated nicely. Our Studio King mini-suite was spacious, and we especially like having two sinks and a sitting area. The breakfast is decent. There is certainly, however, room for improvement:
1. The heating/AC unit in our room was not properly sealed, letting in street noise and bitter winter cold. When we notified the front desk staff of this, including a person standing nearby who appeared to be maintenance staff, they seemed completely unconcerned by this.
2. Our bed was absolutely horrible, worn and warped. It was difficult to get anysleep and we both woke with sore backs - my husband's back severely cramped our final morning at this hotel! I would imagine the top reason people stay at a hotel is to SLEEP. The beds must be comfortable and of good quality, and these are not.
3. Overall, this hotel seems like a poor value. The cost of the room just is not in-line with what is delivered.
I would stay here again, in part because this is really the only Pikeville hotel I would even consider. Still, the Hampton Inn management would do well to make a few improvements to bring their rooms up to par vis-a-vis the nightly rate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton Inn Pikeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Pikeville Hotel Pikeville
- Pikeville Hampton Inn