“Clean, new, and convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Pikeville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pikeville
New Orleans
“Clean, new, and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

Located just south of "the big cut" on Route 119, the hotel had new rooms with premium furnishings and bedding. The front desk had an unusual posted disclaimer about noise from traffic and highway construction, but we judged our room to be quieter than most. (This disclaimer may have been temporary based on the highway improvement project underway out front).

Typical warm-it-yourself breakfast bar, though I do remember lingering for the better than expected coffee.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank wistlo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
SE Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

My family and I had another great visit to the Pikeville area HI Express. The hotel was spotless as always, rooms clean and comfortable, staff friendly and breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband had a business trip in Pikeville a few weeks ago, so our 2 year old son and myself went along. I would agree with the other reviews that the location was crazy. You have to drive around several fast food places to get to the hotel. The parking was ok, but I would not advise parking in the lower level. There was a lot of trash in the lot when we were there. The staff was pretty friendly and they gave us extra snacks in our room. The breakfast was really good with a lot of variety. The pool was a little chilly, but our son enjoyed it anyway. The bed was comfortable and we didn't hear the trains.
There's not a lot to do in Pikeville, but the park downtown is very nice for kids. There's a great Italian place on Main Street as well. Dairy Cheer was interesting if you like fast food.
Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Louisville, Ky.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

Super nice people, carpets could stand a cleaning. Breakfast bar is better than average. My room for two nites had a refrigerator and microwave. Excellent bed, slept really well. Was awakened a couple of times by the trains, but not that bad. The window unit made a wonderful sound machine. Entry is a little screwy but manageable. Just turn in at the lite. If you are going to be in Pikeville for the nite, may as well stay here.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
frankfort ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

I would highly recommend this hotel..the rooms were clean and very nice and room service was great ..Stay there you will love it
Dianne Newsom

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank queendianne2
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

I have never been so rude to in my life. We drove 15hrs to come here for a funeral. I was on the computer in their "business center/ breakfast/common room" and the lights were turned off. When I asked the man behind the desk to turn them back on, I needed to get directions to the funeral home. he told me no, that the owners say the the lights HAVE to be off from 11pm-6am. I said that that was stupid and that I couldn't see. he yelled and me and threatened to turn the computer off all together. The GM was there and did nothing to this employee. he continued to yell at me and tell me I was rude. When I again tried to explain that I couldn't see the keyboard to type he picked up the phone and called the police and said that he had an unruly guest that he needed escorted off the property. I NEVER EVEN RAISED MY VOICE. The gm suggested that I go back to my room and stay there as to not upset her employee further?!?!? I have never been so embarrassed in my life... PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! Not worth it, wouldn't give me more than 3 towel for my family of 5. wouldn't even give me extra soap.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank harrisgirl91203
SE Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

I am so glad this hotel ihas opened in Pikeville! After staying several years in a row at a privately owned hotel down the road, Holiday Inn express is a welcomed addition to our yearly trips to Pikeville. The Hotel is spotless, the beds very comfortable, ensuring a good nights sleep, and you wake up to a satisfying breakfast in the morning. I do have to agree with other posters that the parking is a bit bothersome. Overall, a great place to stay while in the Pikeville area.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikeville
Hampton Inn Pikeville
#5 of 5 in Prestonsburg
Brookshire Inn Prestonsburg
Brookshire Inn Prestonsburg
#3 of 5 in Prestonsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pikeville? Share your experiences!