“We got Sick”

yo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We got Sick”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The place was nice, the service was sweet, the place was clean .... I won't go back. We all got sick. And that's a shame because we would have liked a nice place to eat. I will only rarely dine out in Pikeville KY as I have been sickened almost every time and it's just not worth it. I also thought the sushi was fabulous and am not sure who or what to blame that we all became ill. Since we have gotten sick after just about every dining out experience in pikeville, I'm just going to learn to cook better and eat at home. Tiring

• Visited October 2013

Okeechobee, Florida
“Sushi. In Pikeville”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Wow. 30 years ago if you would have told me I would be rating sushi in Pikeville I would have laughed you out of the building.
I took my daughter and grandson while on a short visit. She had told me about the place and said how good it was Being skeptical but trying to be a good dad I agreed and took them.
Am I glad I did. The fish was fresh and very good. The presentation was a little lackluster/boring. Wine selection was " white or red" no more description than that. I took a shot in the dark and had RED. it kind of had a cabernet flavor to it lol. They need to step that up a knotch.
Service was ok. I will revisit and would tell others about the place for sure.
Sushi... In Pikeville... Wow.

• Visited July 2013
“What Happened”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

When they first put in the hibachi the food was prepared all at the same time and the portions were huge. Now the portions size is about half but the prices are the same and the food is all prepared separate so you will have rice 5-10 min before your vegetables then wait another 5 min for your meat to be done. Also the gratuity is added on and is extremely high!

• Visited May 2013
North Carolina
“Best buffet ever!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been to my fair share of buffets and I can tell you this is one of the best, especially for eastern ky. The food is fresh and tasty, nothing sits outs long, and the place is clean. Not your typical buffet place. The Japanese steak house is just as good as in the big cities. They are actually mor fun here.

Visited May 2013
“Pretty good sushi for the middle of the Appalacian Mountains”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The restaurant seems to be busy all of the time....so it must be good! I went for Sushi and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the fish. The sushi chef was very friendly. The service was good. I would definitely go again.

• Visited April 2013