“This hotel is a joke!”

Brookshire Inn Pikeville
Ranked #3 of 4 Pikeville B&B and Inns
“This hotel is a joke!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

April is when we stayed. I did not like this place at all and i DO not recommend it to anyone. We was supposed to stay on a Monday and Tuesday night. We checked in Monday and desk clerk Betty told us we didnt have a reservation. Then after 5 minutes of us freaking out she started laughing loudly and told us she was joking. So Not Funny! Then, we got up to the room and everything was fine until 7:30 the next morning. 2 housekeepers were banging on our doors. They woke me and my little girl up. My husband asked them what they wanted and they wanted to clean our room because they heard my husband moving around!!! I went down to the front desk to handle the situation about 9:00 when everyone got dressed and it was the same desk clerk that was there the day before. I asked to speak to the manager And she wouldn't let me. Finally the manager walked out of her office and said this, "whatever she says goes." So she had been listening and didnt even care!!! My husband and I checked out that morning...

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank winglessangel1107

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ona, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here before but stayed in a front Room..I would recommend staying in one of the front rooms .My wife and I were here while visiting her Dad at the Pikeville Medical Center which is close by.We got a room with a King Size Bed at a Great AARP Rate; but it was on the backside of the Hotel..The room was nice and clean but with a train coming by ever two hours during the night was not so good.I slept ok but my wife had a hard time sleeping. The Service was Great from the people behind the front Desk....They have a nice Breakfast too.Overall it was OK, But the train noise ruined our sleep.

Room Tip: Get A Front Room for Better Sleep Quality.As mentioned by others;The front is the "Quieter"...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is my regular stop in Pikeville. It is well situated to major highways, shopping, gas, etc. It is an older facility with dated furnishings - but smaller flat screen tv's have recently been added. One side of the hotel is 'quieter' than the other - so ask about this at check-in. There is a breakfast room that opens at 6am - but on my stay another guest was making a pot of coffee in the dark at 6:10 - ? My one concern is the rates - seems a bit 'pricey' for this category of property (one other guest made the same comment to me). The one shining star is the staff - who are all very friendly, helpful and accommodating - probably one big reason people come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at Brookshire Inn on Tuesday night, September 4, 2012. The first experience was the key to the assigned room didn't work. The front desk clerk shrugged it off as the maitenance man was to fix the door with a battery. She did let us in each time that we left the room. However, we thought...ok, this is small. Surely paying $74.00 a night, it will be worth it. After all...we were getting a free door lady.

Upon entering the non-smoking room, it was very musky and smelled of smoke. We then asked our door lady for a can of aerosol to freshen the room. The odor was that bad! Putting our luggage away, we noticed three roaches on their back around the garbage cans. Their legs were still moving. Calling the front desk again, the lady came and got the three roaches up, not saying anything. I am sure this room isn't the only room that has roaches, although we didn't go looking. We were easily seeing enough. When roaches are found, they are usually infested in the walls.

The beds are very uncomfortable. You can tell by sleeping on the mattress springs they haven't been upgraded for some time. I think a bed of nails would have been more comfortable. We should have gone next door to Lowe's and purchased some.

If you want to pay $74 for a door lady, bad musky smell, free cigarette smoke (even when you don't smoke), roaches and not at all good beds....the Brookshire Inn in Pikeville, KY is for you!

Brookshire's manager and front desk clerk can vouch for the statements that I shared.

Room Tip: Bypass the Brookshire Motel and search for other rooms in Pikeville. If no other available, go elsew...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mr H

Travelers are raving about these Pikeville hotels

slemp
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Brookshire Inn on Friday August 31, 2012. It was a real nice and clean motel,,Employees were very friendly and helpful...The only fault i had was the full size beds...not good for two slightly overweight people.
Would recommend this to anyone..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank grannyn98
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

If your just passing through, it's a great value. If you would like WI-FI and a warm breakfast, cross the parking lot to the Burger King. I would not recommend it for traveling professionals/businessmen. But if you need a shower, bed, and to be close to major highways, shopping and restaurants this may be a good fit for you.

• Stayed April 2012
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Hotel is an old Super 8 and the only we reason I stayed was because all the other hotels in the area were booked and worked forced an overnight stay. The staff was friendly but the hotel appeared quite old and shows the age. My room was "non smoking" however it reeked of cigarette smoke. The bathroom also smelled of old urine, not very pleasant. Minus the smoke and urine smell the room was okay, for one night....however at midnight the fun began! Every 30 minutes (or so) a train would pass the hotel shaking the room and the horn would blare!! It was like the train was in the room! When the sun rose a look out the window revealed a train track approximately 50 yards away! A trip down for "breakfast" in the morning topped the stay off, nothing but a few donuts, bagels, coffee and some containers of orange juice!

Again, the front desk staff and cleaning crew were nice but the hotel itself is in a poor location and shows that it's very old. If you don't need any sleep and don't eat breakfast then this is the prime choice for you, otherwise I would avoid this location at all costs.

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LeeBrah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikeville
Brookshire Inn Prestonsburg
Quality Inn Prestonsburg
Quality Inn Prestonsburg
#4 of 5 in Prestonsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Pikeville

Been to Brookshire Inn Pikeville? Share your experiences!