“What a wonderful place”

96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“What a wonderful place”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently visited the Creation Museum and it was the experience of a lifetime. It is a state of the art museum with all the bells and whistles. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I could easily spend three days in the museum reading and learning about the creations of God All Mighty.

They have several "theater" shows that help you learn all about the solar system and universe as wells as a comet that will be visible on November 28th. (I hope I got that date right) I can't imagine how much money they've spent bringing this place to life. No doubt, God has blessed them and will continue to do so. Just when you think you've seen it all you realize there are more exhibits on the upper and lower levels. The insect exhibit was really cool...as was the dinosaur din on the upper level.

I know that we are all human and everyone can't be happy all the time....therefore there will be bad reviews....all I can tell you is you have to base this visit upon your relationship with God. If you believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Holy Bible is the unfallible word of God, then you'll find that this museum is a opportunity to learn, and worship. Imagine spending an entire day in a place that proves God exists rather than that he doesn't. I can also imagine that a non-believer would laugh the entire time, rather than face the possibility that God is real. Can you imagine telling yourself all your life that God isn't real and suddenly walking into a place that proves otherwise? So, don't base your visit on reviews (good or bad) but rather on your personal desire to believe and relationship with God.

Be sure that you see "The Last Adam", a short film at the end of one of the tours. (sorry, I forgot the name of it) It is such an inspirational piece. I am an animal lover and the only part of Bible that I could never quite understand was the reason animals were sacrafied. Sure, I knew that it was to cover the sin...I got that...but the animals hadn't sinned, therefore I accepted it but never quite understood. During "The Last Adam" film there was a segment depicting Jesus' mother Mary and she told a story about being a child and being forced to take the perfect lamb from their flock for a sacrafice. She said that her parents always made them watch. Then she said it...the one thing that clarified it all for me. "They wanted us to understand how bad sin was and exactly how much it took to cover it." WOW...I could've had a V8! It wasn't that the animal did anything wrong... just the opposite....the sinless sin offering...Just like Jesus. So for me, that was worth the entire trip!

I will visit the museum again in the future...in fact, after our visit my husband and I became lifetime members so we could use the guest passes to allow others to visit the museum without cost. Remember that there is no right and wrong in reviews...they are simply opinions. Just take into consideration what you believe and if you'll allow a bad review to sway those beliefs. As a very wise person once told me. "Wouldn't it be better to go through life believing there is a God, and find out there isn't...than to go through life believing there isn't a God and find out there is? Just something to think about. Prepare to believe!

Visited November 2013
11 Thank fireball92771

NC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Just wow.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

If you can stomach giving these clowns your money, you will have a lifetime of laughter. Did you know the Trex was originally a vegetarian? Do you want to see naked Adam and Eve surrounded by penguins and dinosaurs? Did you know that after the great flood, animals crossed the oceans to different continents by walking across dead trees floating on the water?

29 Thank urbinato
Vandalia, Ohio, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome family fun”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my second trip for the Creation Museum.. Also went and saw the planetarium! There is nothing to Dislike. You will be very pleased with your visit.. Try staying at one of the surrounding hotels as they will give you a package that includes tickets. I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Hebron!

Visited November 2013
6 Thank Michael F
Paoli, IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome, some new information to some of our group”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A unique attraction, rather expensive but worth saving up for (24 to 30 dollars). You get two days for one price also, and to really do the museum well, two days are needed. New attraction coming in two to three years: Noah's Ark, built to Biblical proportions with a large area of attractions surrounding it, also tastefully, Biblically to be done. Purpose not to make money, although investments are going to be used wisely, but the creators of the museum/ark want to present accurate and timely information in an enjoyable format. My parents, age 89 and 92, were very impressed and learned a lot to think about. Lots of places to rest, too, for them.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Karen C
Crothersville, Indiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Intended to make you think”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Each time my family visits we find something new here that gives us pause to think. The admission price includes 2 consecutive days' admission. We can't speak of the gardens or petting zoo since it was cold the day we visited and didn't try to see these things. Some of the displays pose questions with no answers, they are intended to make you think for yourself and come to your own conclusions. The Dragon Invasion that has been advertised on billboards in the region are somewhat misleading as the only dragon information presented is in the entry hallway before you actually enter the museum. The Insectorium exhibit shows many examples of insects, many of which I'm thankful that I don't live in the same part of the world as! There is also currently a display of early American Bibles.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Pam J

Been to Creation Museum? Share your experiences!