“Very Informational, but Not for Kids under 12”
Review of Creation Museum

Creation Museum
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This museum was a bit of a let down for me, but maybe because so many people I know showered it with praise. I guess I expected more. I did have a friend warn me that it was very boring for younger children, however, the tickets we received were a gift. If it had been me purchasing the tickets, I would have found a sitter for my younger four(ages 18 mos, 4, and twins that are 8) and taken only our 13 year-old. Nearly this entire museum is a walk-through. There are exactly 2 activities for kids during this 1 1/2 hour walk. The first segment was a disappointment. It felt a little cheesy, however, my 13-year-old thought it very cool. There were elaborate sets where there were a bunch of questions posted on the walls with no answers. I think that maybe this was supposed to get you thinking about evolution versus creation and what the answers could be, but it was just unnecessary. The rest of the walk-through includes life-size and miniature replicated scenes from the Bible, maps, and lots of videos. Every section included several posted plaques with information. Surprisingly, the information on the plaques wasn't very in depth. It just gave basic facts. It felt like a school lesson; I didn't really learn anything knew, but my 13-year-old did. The most interesting part was the Insectorium. There were hundreds of real insect specimen to observe. My younger children really enjoyed that.
The grounds around the museum are very nice. There is a large area to eat your lunch outside and plenty of shelter houses if you'd like to eat in the gardens. The kids were grateful to finally get outside and run around a bit. They were also very excited to find the petting zoo. We probably spent 45 minutes there so that our kids would feel like they enjoyed something
about the museum.
Unfortunately, I feel that the price of the ticket is WAY over what it was worth. In Indianapolis, we have a similar evolutionary-based museum that is much more interesting than this and it cost only $14 per person ($7 for kids under 12). The general admission tickets to the Creation Museum covers 2-day admission (it seems it's more incentive to pay the higher price). We didn't even need a full day to cover everything the museum had to offer. Plus everything outside the museum is free (aside from the zip-line and camel rides).
In conclusion, I will not be returning to this museum unless someone else is paying for it or there is major renovation. I'm skeptical about their project on The Ark. If this museum displays the limits of their creativity, The Ark Experience is going to be nothing but a giant disappointment.

1  Thank 162rachelv
There are newer reviews for Creation Museum

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent 2 days touring the Creation Museum. October is a great month to visit. No waiting in lines. The gardens are beautiful. This is our second time to visit the museum and we always discover something new. Staff very helpful and presentations and films are brilliant. We are looking forward to Noah's Ark being finished which I understand will be nearby. Restaurant had good food and reasonable prices. We did a lot of reading at our own pace. .

1  Thank Gillette D
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We love this museum. My husband, my granddaughter and I really enjoyed it. It does take two das to see it all and it is so worth it. We learned a lot too.She really liked the dinos. The staff were all knowledgable and helpful, the exibits were well done, it was not crowded or even expensive.I loved the Garden of Eden. Even having our pictures taken was fun.And the food was good too.

1  Thank grandmaBeecher_Il
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a museum that is all about the Biblical account of creation. There is much to learn here. The exhibits are beautifully situated, and the gardens are wonderful. I recommend this museum to anyone passing through the area!

1  Thank tromboneguy
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a great experience and a fun family adventure. You really need 2 days for everything. My husband and I went on Columbus Day and there was no waiting. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The weather was perfect. The information and the resources you could purchase was great. The tickets were for a 2 day stay. I can't wait to go back tomorrow and finish.
Very wheelchair and stroller friendly!

Been to Creation Museum? Share your experiences!