“Not Good For People With Disabilities”
Review of Creation Museum

Creation Museum
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not Good For People With Disabilities”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to the Creation Museum and was having a great time till I got to the end where the Dino Hall exhibit was. I have a disability and am on crutches, navigating stairs can be very difficult for me, and I found out at the end that the Dino Hall exhibit was up a flight of stairs. I was in a wheelchair the whole time and at the beginning when I got it, I asked them if the entire place was accessible with me being in a wheelchair and they told me yes. Had I checked my crutches in with them, I would never have been able to go up the stairs had I wanted to. When I went to go file a complaint, the Customer Service Representative did not seem to care at all about the situation. I was coldly handed a response card and told to write my complaint on there. I would think that a customer complaining about a potential breach of the ADA would have cared a bit more about my situation. So i was given the contact of the owner of the museum eventually after I got across to the staff the seriousness of the situation. When I spoke to him he was all the more cold and distant to the situation as well. Was told by him that he would follow back, but then after MANY attempts to reach him again, I have gotten no response from him or his team. So basically if you want to enjoy just 90% of the museum as a person with a physical disability, then the Creation Museum will be just fine, but for those that want the full Museum experience, you better not have any physical limitations, because if you do, then you will be out of luck.

Visited April 2012
20 Thank joshuajk

Tulsa, Oklahoma
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Plan to spend at least a day!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

You will want to spend a full day here and maybe two in order to see the different presentations, exhibits & grounds!
They have a restaurant on the premises, but you are allowed to bring a picnic lunch (prices range from a few $$$ to $5.50 for a burger); they also offer PB & J sandwiches if you'd rather have that.
The exhibits are very well done using Scripture to demonstrate The Truth of The Bible.
They now have a single "bay" of Noah's ark on the property to get an idea of the size & have many exhibits in the museum to help people see the actual size of the Ark & understand the flood.

Hoboken, New Jersey
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Absolute madness - but very entertaining”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It's scary to think people consider the content of this museum fact but if it's very entertaining to see nonetheless. Difficult to say if it's worth $30. For us it was as we want to see US at it's most eccentric.

Visited March 2013
17 Thank m_james_s
Waupaca, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Would go again”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Museum was fantastic. It is very professionally done and the most realistic "people" in the displays I've ever seen. Because of weather didn't go to see the outside displays but they would be beautiful in the summer. My favorite part was the exhibit on Mount Saint Helens ' showing how rapidly changes to the earth were made after that event that, in the past, were only assumed to be able to happen over an extremely long period of time. I've seen negative comments from people with a secular worldview but when one looks at the intricacies of nature and how individual animals and man are designed to function it takes more faith to believe this all came from a "big bang" or evolution theory (and lets not forget it is just a theory) than that they are part of God's creation. Please be as open minded and intelligent as you claim to be and go to other resources such as www.creationmoments.com and read some of their material such as the daily "Creation Moment" for brief one page explanations on various topics to gain a more well rounded perspective on this important issue.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank clp45
Crittenden, Kentucky
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love Love Love!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love the Creation Museum! It is a wonderful place with wonderful people. Everyone is nice and friendly! I can't wait to go back!

Visited December 2012

Been to Creation Museum? Share your experiences!