“Our Stay Was Great”

Eagle Falls Resort
Eagle Falls Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Parkers Lake
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My family I have just returned from another weekend getaway at the Eagle Falls Resort. To be sure, this establishment is not of the same class as the Plaza or Drake, but it offers a charm of it's own which is unique and seldom found today.
This establishment is located in a beautiful and serene setting adjacent to the Cumberland Falls State Park. The hotel (or motel - to be more proper), is constructed in part of impressive Tennessee marble which was a popular building material during the decade of the 1950s in this part of the country. The rooms in which we have stayed featured paneled walls and tile baths. Although the furniture may not be new, it was in good order and served to give the place a "retro" atmosphere. The rooms were clean and acceptable.
We found the management very agreeable. For example, on our last stay our room was without a microwave oven. When my wife advised the desk clerk of this, the caretaker had one at our room within 20 mins. On a previous trip, the manager personally took the time to greet us and point out areas of interest on the property and surrounding area. He also informed us that the upkeep and maintenance of the Eagle Falls Resort had, in the past, been long neglected. It seems the renovation is a work in progress. Since then I've noticed a new roof, asphalt, and paint in areas.
It is understandable that the restaurant may not be agreeable to all. The menu consists of various items which are traditionally favored more by southern taste buds. Therefore, don't expect fresh bagels for breakfast. The coffee is good, the place is clean, and the service is friendly. Perhaps the only negative thing is that the 1920s vintage player piano in the dining room is awaiting it's turn for renovation.
Interesting, but it seems that the stairs of Eagle Falls have felt the weight of five presidents and one queen. Perhaps it has something in common with the Plaza after all. No doubt, this place has a wonderful history. As a family, we enjoy this place very much.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2008

My daughter and I stayed here and honeslty I don't why. The Dupont Lodge is cheaper and much nicer. Given the opportunity to have my business, the Eagle Falls Lodge fell way short! The first problem was the musty odor of the room. When you opened the door, it said air me out right away. The room looked nothing like the picture on their website. It was wood paneling and way outdated. The bathroom looked like.....well it wasn't good. There was no phone, no shampoo, no conditioner, no wash clothes, and you had to wait a good while for hot water before taking a shower. The General store was laughable, when we went there to BUY conditioner and shampoo, it was all too obvious that this was a General Store with inventory problems, as no conditioner could be found. I think it would have cost the owners $0.25 to stock the room but when the bill came to be $88.00, I could see how that cut into their profit margin. We then went to the front desk to get wash clothes and they had them. But you have to ask. There is a payphone by the pool if you need to call out. No cell phone service here for Tracfones. Management told me there was a fishing lake and I asked before I arrived if I could fish. They said yes. Well, the lake was dry! No water. I had to find out for myself too.We won't stay here again. Thankfully we only booked one night. Don't waste your money here. You'll hate it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SkyBlueBuddha
Reviewed December 15, 2007

I stayed at this motel with my wife and daughter, and we had a great time. We usually stay at one of the typical exit chain hotels, but decided to drive 15 minutes west to see Cumberland Falls and to try something different. Cumberland Falls was just across the bridge - not just any bridge, but one of the coolest , most beautiful stone bridges I have ever seen. The motel itself reminds me of the old 50's style lodges, and the property was very nice, would like to see it during summer or fall. The room was nothing fancy, but was clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. I had only two minor complaints, no basketball was available for my daughter and I, but we bought a cheap one in town that night and the court was in good shape. The other small complaint was the restaurant was closed, and it looked like really cool 50's style diner. I guess its only open during the busy season.

While it not a "Resort" overall we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2007

This was a horrible stay. I don't recommend this to anyone. We had reserved ahead because we were traveling with our pet. This was recommended to us by Dupont Lodge. If I had it to do over I would sleep in my car. We went to the general store which had to be unlocked before we could go in. The store smelled and actually could take your breath. A pack of chips we saw had been taped at the top. No thank you! If we would have had kids with us I don't know what we would have done. I would not want my kids to walk around in that place. I can say the pool looked clean but we didn't go there. We left as soon as we could. If this place has been remodeled in the last twenty years it would surprise me. There may have been 5 cars in the parking lot when we left at 5:00 am. Someone knew more about this place then we did. PLEASE, check this out thoughly before staying. You need a 48 hr. notice to cancel. I guess that is because they have so many people waiting to get in. NOT!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dissapponted
Reviewed August 2, 2007

I read the other reviews I did have a few problems like no towels at pool like they told us on back of door. But oh well. They were nice to us the room was clean and quiet and I have three girls. The pool was clean and kept up which was nice. And I needed to use the washer and dryer and they were kind enough to help us. The room might not have recently been remodeled but to us it was clean and comfortable could of used more towels for my big family. The restaurant could have been open at least for pizza that would have been nice if you advertise it you should back that up. We had to drive back to a general store to get something to eat. And maybe they could get somebody else to run the place more energtic would be nice someone or persons wanting to put a good foot forward to make a go of the place that is all it needs it could make lots of money if ran right.
But it is still a good place to stay. It is better than camping in the rough. My family thought it was a good choice we would go back if
we go back that way. BEAUTIFUL VIEW AND NOTHING LIKE IT THE WOODS SURROUNDING THE RESORT AND THE CRICKETS AND THE NOISE FROM THE WOODS KOOL RELAXING. Love the chairs on outside of each room nice touch!!!!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We were on our return journey from a vacation and pulled off the highway when we saw the Cumberland Falls Resort sign. The Cumberland falls was a beautiful sight but the Eagle Falls Resort is grossly misnamed. Nothing "resort" about it. The accomodations were revolting. The mattress was flat, sagging in the middle and covered by a small square mattress cover which was visible thru the ultra thin sheet(why bother), the room was dank and smelly, the cupboard under the sink mildewy/moldy; and the "bathroom" was a poor excuse, with a cinderblock/concrete shower, yucky curtain and discolored toilet, apart from this the bathroom was very dated. The carpet was scary and I did not dare get close enough to notice what kind of critters might be living there - it had obviously not been cleaned. Fortunately we happened to have our own sheets and pillows and we stuck it out for one night. We really didn't think we had much choice as the Cumberland Falls Resort was full and we had alrealdy payed for the room $100 (disgusting) before viewing it, plus it was getting late and we were super tired. So in short we wish we had just kept driving!!
Its a lovely location - someone should tear this place down and build something beautiful...with owners / employees that care about health department regulations. If you ever find yourself in our situation, keep driving.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank Korban
Reviewed June 19, 2007

When we checked in our key didn't work, when we asked for assistance the lady rolled her eyes at us (as she sat in her lazy boy with no shoes on) and got up and opened the door. The whole way to the room, she said "we have never had anyone have this problem" and acted much put out that she had to walk 30 feet. On their web site they advertise a general store and a restaurant. My husband went to the store and it was closed and then he went to the front desk and asked when either would open, the lady said "uh, um, I don't think we are going to open today" She then suggested that we go to Cumberland Falls Lodge to their restaurant or Cumberland Falls general store! We were there for 3 days and they never opened their advertised amenities. Now for the room. We were told that the Jacuzzi room was only $90.00 a night and were billed $120.00 a night, (the executive cabin at Cumberland falls is only $165.00!) The curtains were broken and falling down, the lady even commented to us that someone should probably replace them. When you sleep light poor in through a million gaps between them. The room smelled disgusting; it smelled mildewish and just dirty. The couch was moist and there was a turd of some sort, on the floor. I think it may have been animals; however, we didn't go near it to examine it. The king size bed had a dip in the middle so my husband and I kept rolling to the middle, so we would have been better off in a double bed at the lodge. I would not stay here if someone paid me $120.00. This is the worse place I have ever stayed in and I have been to some real crap holes. There is no such thing as customer service in these people's vocabulary. You really are better off sleeping in your car or even a cardboard box; at least you know that your car doesn't have turds on the floor! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! I think the nice comments are from the owners, no one would ever stay at this dump and then report it as being nice!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fernamay

Been to Eagle Falls Resort? Share your experiences!