“Food is good and the people are honest” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Mammoth Resort

You added Park Mammoth Resort to your Saves list
Park Mammoth Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   I-65 & US Highway 31 West, Exit 48, 22850 Louisville Rd., Park City, KY 42160   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Park City
Madisonville, Kentucky
“Food is good and the people are honest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel has a few drawbacks, but overall, it was a pleasant place to stay. There was no air conditioning when I stayed last weekend, and it was 80 degrees in my room. I was given a box fan and the windows were opened for me, so I slept okay. Also, the room had few standard conveniences such as a hairdryer, shampoo, lotion, coffee maker. In addition, the water ran out at 1:30 a.m. So why am I giving it a four? Mostly because the room was spotless. I always do a bed check as soon as I arrive in my room, and this was one of the cleanest beds I have ever seen, and it was sublimely comfy. The people working there were kind and helpful and very accommodating to our large group. The dinner buffet was good country food, not necessarily heart healthy but plentiful and comforting. The wine bar was a fun place to hang out both before and after dinner. Finally, for single women: this is the place to go if you want to be around a lot of men!

Room Tip: The second floor isn't ADA accessible but the rooms seem nicer on that floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mary W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Yes, this hotel is rustic and outdated but very clean and they allow pets. They have a restaurant that does a decent breakfast and although we didn't eat dinner there, it looked and smelled pretty good. One word of warning; the resort seems to host a lot of golfers and sportsmen (they have a shooting range on the property.) The fellows were pretty rowdy in the parking lot during the night of our stay with a lot of very loud music and cursing and drinking. Fortunately, my 9 year old daughter couldn't hear them from our room but based on that experience I can't call the hotel kid-friendly.

Room Tip: Dog rooms have outside doors for easy access!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank jlmetcalf
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My large family has had our weekend-long family reunions at Park Mammoth Resort since 1990! The staff is like family to us. They accomodate each and every whim of our group at a great rate and with smiles on their faces. I love everything about this place - from the quaint and rustic decor, to the food and atmosphere of the restaurant, to the expansive bucolic property and ever-increasing list of activities available to patrons. The addition of the winery in recent years was just an amazing bonus for our group. Trust me - we haven't found one place in a 200 mile radius that will cater to the needs of groups like Park Mammoth Resort does. If you are expecting luxury, then head to Louisville or Nashville, but if you want to relax in a home away from home, then come to Park Mammoth Resort!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony so you can relax in a deck chair while drinking your coffee in the mornin...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Leslie B
Peninsula, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Totally outdated but in an interesting way. Roomy, clean, a real throwback to the 1960s. I enjoyed seeing all the original furniture and fixtures. Don't go expecting a new fancy hotel and you'll be pleased. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy2123
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a quiet quaint get away. We had a great family gathering. The staff is almost like family in that they are right there giving you all that you need. It's like going home to Mom and Dad's without the worry and work. Clean, clean, clean. The bed was really special. Breakfast was also special, like being at grandma's. All in all, a neat get away and a different atmosphere from the chain motel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Doris J
Madisonville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our family had a large pre-Christmas event at Park Mammoth and found it to be charmingly rustic. We realize this is a family run hotel and they're renovating as time and funds allow, so we went not expecting luxury. We loved the atmosphere. The setting is lovely. Art work for sale, a wine bar and plenty of room to spread out for a large group all added to a very pleasant stay, plus, the staff took great care of our large group. We'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's already been renovated. Apparently the beds in these rooms are new.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jdenton
Independence, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Quaint old lodge with lots of interesting antiques in common areas. I like the rural location and the chairs and rockers out front for relaxing. I understand that some rooms have been remodeled, but I have not yet stayed in a remodeled room so can only base the review on what I have seen. Wifi was available only in the lounge across from the front desk, and it was spotty at best. I did not mind the retro feel of the room. As long as everything works, it's fine, and everything did work. The one thing to be aware of is that there are very few electrical outlets. I have to plug in medical equipment as well as cords to charge phone, laptop and e-reader. I had to unplug a lamp to hook up the medical equipment. Then there was one plug behind the tv and two in the bathroom, so charging devices was a bit of a challenge but doable. I found the common areas way too warm. The bed was comfortable enough. Staff is courteous. I will be interested to see a remodeled room in the future.

Room Tip: May want to request a remodeled room. They do allow pets here and have rooms with doors for taking t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
The Hotel SYNC
The Hotel SYNC
#1 of 33 in Bowling Green
5.0 of 5 stars 506 reviews

Been to Park Mammoth Resort? Share your experiences!