“Short tour”
Review of Diamond Caverns

Diamond Caverns
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: A cave with stone-décor: calcite drapery, eaves of stalactites, a fence of stalagmites, and flowstone.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place is privately owned $16.00 tour. Absolutely beautiful to see. The tour guide was a little boring and didn't come across as enjoying her job, but she told us what was scripted, and that was enough. The cave is nonstop breathtaking formations after formations. It was an hour tour, I did not need a jacket and bring walking comfortable shoes.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"take pictures"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went to the cave with my 8 and 10 year old. This tour was the perfect length for us, about an hour. The tour had about 350 stairs which was enough that we didn't need the fleece jackets we brought in with us! We had a very nice and informative tour guide who knew a lot about the formations and the history of the cave. The cave is absolutely beautiful and the lighting is WONDERFUL!

With respect to the comments made about leaving your valuables in the car. I do understand what you are saying. However, the cave's brochures clearly indicate that no back packs, large purses, camera bags, etc. allowed. In anticipation of this, I switched from my purse to a small purse/backpack (which I thought was OK), I was also ABRUBTLY told that it had to go back to the car. I understand the policy and was ultimately fine with it...but I do agree, it would be nice if they could tell you in a more polite way. It did seem a bit rude...even my children commented that "I had gotten yelled at".

Also, if you intend on using a credit card to purchase admission tickets you also need to have your picture ID. This also is a great procedure, but when you downsize from a larger purse, etc you don't necessarily grab your ID! So grab your ID/license :)

My kids did the "mining" which they, of course, had great fun with...and may I add this was a great price compared to some of the other "mining" we have done.

Beautiful Cave !!

1  Thank Tanya S
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We visited the cave for a tour and were disappointed when my wife was told about the "no purses during the tour" policy. We were taken back further when we were told to leave it in the car, since this goes against anything we were told by professionals: "never leave your valuables in the car". We reluctantly purchased two tickets anyway and proceeded to wait for the tour. While we were waiting we heard other visitors voicing their concern about the same issue. After a few minutes of thinking it over, we decided to approach the lady behind the counter who had sold us the tickets, and asked if there was an alternate place to leave the purse --- perhaps a locker. We never got the chance to finish our sentence: the lady snapped back: "YOUR CAR...!!!"
She also followed with: "I'm sorry if that's the way things are where you are from...maybe you should get your money back!"
In less than two minutes: we got yelled at, got insulted about where we were from, and were treated as if we were a nuisance.
We did not like the policy but were ready to accepted it, we were just looking for an alternative. Even though this is the policy, there is no excuse for the way we were treated.
We visited other caves, and were treated very kindly. In the future, we will stay clear of this place.

6  Thank silverbolt
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This was voted the best cave among the several visited by our family during our stay in the area. It was the neatest, prettiest, and best lit cave and the tour is pretty long so you feel like you get a lot. I wish our tour guide would of gone a little slower so we could take it all in, but over all she was great. But...you should know especially if you've got seniors with you or anyone with physical limitations, there are several steep and narrow stairs to climb up and down. It's wet inside, some parts are slanted and tight. I would say it was the most strenuous of our tours. We all handled it fine but grandma and grandpa did have a bit of a rough time but they loved the cave.

1  Thank jmarqdt