“Always stay there, great hotel”

Best Western Paris Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paris
Longview, Texas
“Always stay there, great hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Having business all over, I like to stay at a good quality hotel. This hotel meets all my requirements. Clean, great wifi, good breakfast, super friendly staff. I have always enjoyed my stay at this Best Western hotel.

Room Tip: I have always had a good room, so not sure how to answer this.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wildtraverler44444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Face it, if you need to stay in Paris KY this is the only hotel, which is how I ended up here. It was pretty clean, but it's crummy by an standards. The heater works, buit makes the room so hot that it can only run for an hour (on low) before it has to be shut down. The internet goes out if too many people are online but you can take your laptop and go in the lobby ...which REEKS of cigarettes, the whole place smells like smoke even my 'non smoking" room. Next time I'll stay in Lexington and commute. Oh, and it's BEHIND a China Buffet and hard to spot from the "new by pass" so good luck if you are using GPS.

Room Tip: There are no "good rooms" that i can tell, but go upstairs if you can, (no elevator so I d...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My whole family stayed in the hotel in October. All of us were pleased with the service and the value. I will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: I like upstairs in the "new" addition.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I read the horrific review before staying but I thought I'd take my chances. I had already decided that if it was anywhere near as bad as that review i'd have to check out and go to another hotel. I found my room very clean and the staff very polite and helpful. I'm not a big breakfast person but thought the room was very nice and appeared to be clean.

• Stayed December 2011
Longview, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Have stayed there 5 times this year. Always clean rooms. Great breakfast and most friendly staff.

Room Tip: The rooms in the rear building are a big larger, but they all are GREAT.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Greenville, Illinois
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I looked at reviews before staying here. They were mixed so I thought I would give it a try since it was close to where we needed to be early the next morning. BIG MISTAKE! We should have stayed in Lexington & drove the extra 13 miles in the morning!!!

We got in around 11 p.m. We were exhausted from driving all day. The front desk employee was nice....just too talkative! We were standing there with the door open to leave & she was still talking about her personal life.

We got to our room & I swear it was the same room from the review someone posted about "an odd stain in the bath tub" near the pool. My husband is not a complainer, but the first thing he did was rip off the runner from the end of the bed & throw it to the floor near the wall. It looked as though someone or an animal had diarrhea & left a few drops on this runner....TOTALLY GROSS!!!!! We know hotels hardly wash runners or comforters & usually take them off the bed any way. I took a quick shower & we all went straight to bed since we were exhausted.

The room was dimly lit so we could hardly see. I got up first & took a shower. (the tub had a replacement bottom on it reminding me of the review I had mentioned) The towels & washcloths were a little misplaced on the rack. Not neatly placed. The washcloths looked either dirty or stained. I chose the best one I could find, took a shower & so did the rest of my family. We were disgusted the whole time. As a matter of fact, my towel ripped while I was drying off. When I looked at it closer, it was all fibers in the middle & a big chunk was missing from the edge! The sink wouldn't drain so my husband had to fiddle with it to get it to work. Once we were all done getting dressed & ready, I opened the curtains so we could see better to pack. The first thing I noticed was a stain or mark on the pillow case where my husband had slept. It looked like maybe makeup? Then we were completely disgusted!

My husband & I went to the front desk to check out & complain. The lady there listened & replied..." all the linens are clean". Nothing else!!! We were totally dissatisfied & all she could say was everything was clean without even investigating!!!!! I told her that I would be putting my review up & it wouldn't be very good. She didn't say a word.

When we got to our next hotel that night, my husband realized he had left his pajama pants on the back of the bathroom door. I called the Paris, KY. Best Western the next morning to see if they had found them. The lady said to call back in 10 minutes so she could look & see if they were found. I thought that odd that I should call back, but I did so. They had found them. She told me the girl that handles lost items would be calling me the next day. I never heard from her so I called back a few days later. A man answered this time. He said the housekeeper was gone for the day & I should call back tomorrow. I said "You want me to call back again when the girl never called me back to begin with?" He decided to look into it & then said he would call me back. He did. He had located the box & proceeded to tell me that he would send it to me overnight...at my expense! I explained my experience & he decided to send it free of charge & then asked me to put up a good review. He is the only one that actually was accommodating & so I told him that I would put up a good review about him, so here you have it!! STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!! Needless to say, we opted to go across the street to the Huddle House for breakfast instead of partaking of the free Continental Breakfast offered by this hotel establishment.

Room Tip: None, don't stay here period!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lebanon, Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Checked in about 7pm & the trashy parking lot and entrance should have been a clue! Cigarette burns in our blanket, human feces in toilet bowl, corroded fixtures, peeled wall-covering, and a just plain grungy room. No other rooms were available. Front desk clerk awoke us at 11pm as she'd failed to secure my signature upon registration and she demanded I sign the form. I refused to do so and a couple minutes later the manager called and was rude and belligerent, insisting that I immediately sign their form. I again refused.

My letter of complaint was answered by telling me that it was MY fault, and no apology or offer to make amends for the deplorable conditions and inappropriate staff.

Room Tip: Stay away! Find a room outside of Paris, KY
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington
Comfort Suites - Georgetown
Comfort Suites - Georgetown
#4 of 14 in Georgetown

Been to Best Western Paris Inn? Share your experiences!