“Family Reunion”

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Thank Kathy E. B
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My review of this hotel is coming from a lady who has seen this building built and swam in the pool through her growing adolescent years. Now that I am a 40 + year old mother of two I am quite picky of where I feel comfortable to stay. This hotel has many great features including a great restaurant, sports bar that recently opened due to the county going "wet", friendly staff (especially Sandra) and plenty of space to just sit and have a quiet conversation with someone. They have meeting rooms and often have weddings and family reunions there. When I go home to visit family still living in Paintsville I stay at this hotel. I have traveled lots of places and I have to say I am very proud that my little town has such a nice hotel. One thing I would suggest is updating the rooms. They are not as nice as the hotel lobby and amenities.

Room Tip: The newlywed room has two rooms adjoining so it works for people with older children who can stay in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recently stayed here for an overnight trip to the area. Clearly, the hotel is an older property. There are no upgrades and newer furnishings. But there is nothing really bad either. Just temper you expectations for a stay here.

the room was typical size. I would say that the bed wasn't real comfortable. the room was clean. TV was an older tube-style to put things in perspective. Bathroom area was fairly small. Bathroom is where you could easily tell the age of the place.

I really don't think there is too much else to say. They did have a little recreation area in the middle of the conference center. Reminded me of the old Holidomes by Holiday Inn back in the day. There was an indoor pool area. They had some Ping-Pong and pool tables in another area.

Generally speaking, if you travel very much, I would compare this to about a 3 or 3.5 star place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We came to the Paintsville, Kentucky on Gold Wings Motorcycles to tour the surrounding the surrounding areas...We were very pleased with our stay....We have stayed several times in the past and so we recommended it to our Chapter when planning the trip
...We will be staying again.......

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here because of work. The rooms were very clean. Just a little dated. Also, the commode had a small problem flushing, but wasn't super bad. The hallway reeked of cigarette smoke, although I had a non-smoking room and could NOT smell any cigarette smoke inside my room. I stayed on the second floor where there is ample vending, coin laundry, and ice machine. Sodas are $1.50 per bottle which isn't too bad considering it's a hotel. Also, the soda vending machines accept debit/credit which is nice. I found this hotel to be very comfortable. A great place to turn in after working all day. I will need to stay here in the future due to more work I have in the area. I don't hesitate at all in coming back. It was a great stay and pretty good value also. I'm not giving it five stars because realistically, it is not a five star hotel. A good solid 4 star, borderline 3 star because although it is clean and I had no problems, the rooms need to be updated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paintsville
11 mi away
#4 of 5 in Prestonsburg
Super 8 Prestonsburg
Super 8 Prestonsburg
#2 of 5 in Prestonsburg

Been to Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!