“Nice place to stay in the mountains.”

Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Paintsville
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've stayed at the Paintsville Ramada several times. We love having a nice place to spend the night when we go into the area. Some of our experiences have been better than others, but overall we keep going back. Sometimes there's alot of guest there. If you are wanting to sleep in, I would recommend a room that doesn't have the french doors.

• Stayed: July 2012
Darl M, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate your patronage. Looking forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stay here once per year on business travel. I have to disagree with most of the previous reviews. My rooms have always been clean and don't seem dated to me at all. If you don't get a window room to the outside, they will put you in a room with french doors looking out to the atrium. The hotel has a nice, large atrium area with pool tables, a ping pong table, and foosball table. The onsite restaurant has decent food, but you would be better off to go the the local Bob Evans. The staff has always been friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I grew up in Paintsville but moved to Lexington a few years ago. When we come back to visit, we stay at the Ramada. The conference areas, restaurant, and bar are extremely nice but the actual rooms are a bit dated.
The reason I gave a 3 out of 5 is due to the maintenance man! My family and I were at the pool with our four children. The maintenance man, complete with a long grey mullet, stood and leered at the kids for several minutes. Finally, he came over to my cousin and asked, "Which of these kids is yours?" She told him and then he asked me. I wasn't quite as polite as my cousin, and I told him he needed to be more professional. He simply should have asked if we were guests at the hotel, and asked us to show our room key. Instead, he acted like a pedifile and was so completely creepy, just standing and watching the kids. I complained to the front desk, and they just upheld his behavior. I called Ramada's main office, but they only could refer me back to the manager at the hotel.
I understand completely that they must ensure only guests are in the pool, but there is a professional way to do it! If you visit this hotel and use the pool, be prepared to show your key at the pool so a creepy, long grey-haired man doesn't lurk around your children.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed here for only 1 night, but we thought it was a nice hotel. The atrium is nice, and you feel as if your in a little self contained village. We did not use the pool, but the design of the pool was nice, half of theh pool is indoors, and then part of the same pool curves outdoors. Everyone was friendly. Our room was clean, and the bed was so comfortable I did not wake up with an aching back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Darl M, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the feedback and hope any future visits will be as pleasant.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

All I can say is dated dated dated. Needs a major renovation. My room didn't even have an exterior window.

Room Tip: Get an exterior room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank G B
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My family has been staying here for years since it is where my grandfather is from. The pool was booked for parties which seemed like all weekend. So packed that I could not go swimming with my wife and daughters. Then we finally went to get in on our second night which it was 7:55pm and the maintenance man said that they close the pool every sunday for maintenance at 9pm. But they wanted to go ahead and close it. So I went to the front desk and he stated that they do it usually so they can go home. We went back to our room and I went down to ask if I could change rooms to a jacuzzi room so that my 2yr old could play in water like i promised. He said absolutely not that I would have to pay an additional room fee since my room was now dirty. I told him how disatisfied I was and I wanted to speak to a manager and he said he couldnt help me there and I asked for Ramada's number and he gave me a number and it was actually for the Wynham Rewards. I went back to my room and He called up and said that he could in fact go ahead and COMP the jacuzzi room for my inconvenience and I told him my wife would be down and he then asked for the difference from our room to the jacuzzi room. We did not do this!!! Then I do have pictures of the Wallpaper peeling, mold around the caulking of the tub, and also the ceiling pieces crooked or loose, which I did state this to the person on duty when I was dissatisfied with the pool. Again my family stays here 4-5 times a year and I have spoke to them all about this and unless this is taken care of we will not return! Also in the shower the water goes from hot to cold for no reason at all. Did send a complaint into ramada and got an email that I would hear from GM of the Paintsville Ramada and I still have not. I explained this issue to the Checkout staff and she gave me a complimentary breakfast but something else needs to be done! I spent near $200 at a Ramada Inn and received worst service then a Motel 6!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Chris R
Reviewed October 19, 2011

When I was coming in KY-80, it was very dark. When you take this drive, you will find why that isn't preferable. You're traveling through the sticks of Kentucky. I'm from Nashville and not used to things being so dark and rural. We saw a very large elk that had been run over on the way; very frightening.

When we got to the hotel, I was exhausted and at the end of my wits. We walked in, were greeted with a smile, and promptly checked in. We went in and saw an adorable hotel. It had a large indoor pool, an indoor courtyard, and the doors were adorable. The rooms were slightly dated, but adequate. The beds were extremely comfortable and clean. The tv wasn't as good as some, but it worked.

As opposed to what I was expecting from the property, it excelled. The bar was a very nice plus (especially after that drive, it was wonderful to have a glass of wine for the end of the day). The surrounding area is an adorable setting, especially for the historical value. Country music fans will be in love! And the staff knows where to send you for everything you want to see.

If you've ever stayed at the Gaylord Opryland hotel in Nashville, it's a lot like that, except dated and smaller. But honestly, you're not going to find anything better in the area. Was totally impressed.

Side note they had a sunday brunch that was delicious!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Eric P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paintsville
Days Inn Paintsville
Best Western Plus Louisa
Jenny Wiley State Resort
Jenny Wiley State Resort
#3 of 5 in Prestonsburg

Been to Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!