“A wonderful special-event dining experience”

Cynthia's Ristorante
Ranked #20 of 212 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A quiet and elegant dining establishment with a beautiful bar. Delicious daily chef specials; perfect for a birthday or anniversary!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stopped in Paducah for the night on our recent drive from Florida to Colorado. I planned this stop after reading the reviews about this restaurant. We were NOT dissapionted by our choice. We were greeted by Cynthia, who is a warm, charming lady. Although we arrived at around 7:00 and the restaurant was already becoming busy, without a reservation, Cynthia did her best to find room for us. We are so happy she did, the food is delicious and the service was great. I am not sure how she managed it ,but Cynthia even found time to stop and chat with us about our trip. She told us she buys most of her food locally and uses what is in season. We could not have chosen a better reason to stop for the night.

1  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went there to have a drink and scope it out for a special occasion that is coming
up. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful and the atmosphere is fantastic.

1  Thank smaritz
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We recently re-visited Cynthia's for an anniversary celebration. We were seated on time for our reservation at a lovely table (maybe a touch too dark). The wait staff was very well informed about the dishes, and our drinks were always promptly filled. They brought out some soft bread with oil & parmesan. The bread was okay, it was a bit soft for my liking, and not very elegant for such a nice restaurant. It was really quite plain. We ordered the tiger shrimp and polenta appetizer, which was excellent, the polenta was amazing. My husband ordered a ribeye (on special for the evening), and I ordered the "Surf and Turf," a steak with a lobster tail a gnocchi. Hubby's steak was massive, and cooked to the right temperature. It was a bit under-seasoned, but tasted fine. His dish was not exceptional for the price. First of all, the gnocchi was undercooked and very bland. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to the same quality dishes I had received in the past. My steak was okay. It was a little dry, and the balsamic reduction was a little off. A portion of my steak tasted strange, almost gamey, which caused me to lose my appetite. The lobster was also underseasoned and a bit tough, but still the best thing on the plate. We ordered an apple cobbler for dessert, which I thought too average of a dish to be served here, however, the flavors and composition were exceptional. All in all, we were disappointed in our last visit. The atmosphere and service were still exceptional, but some of the choices that I loved were no longer available, and the dishes were just not up to par. I still gave it four stars, because I'm hoping it was just an off night, and because the appetizer and dessert were both stellar.

2  Thank NanElisaB
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had four diners for a business dinner. The service was friendly and the food was excellent. Parking on the street nearby was no problem.

1  Thank Mark E