“Our Favorite”

Cynthia's Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 200 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Paducah, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Favorite”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We always love dining at Cynthia's. Absolutely the best restaurant in Paducah. Interesting, intimate atmosphere, great service and awesome food.

• Visited June 2012

Kentucky
“Wonderful Paducah "Hidden Gem"”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Cynthia's is small, but packs a punch. Wonderfully prepared authentic Italian cuisine as well as steaks. Have dined there several times in the past and look forward to visiting there again. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“An Overlooked Gem In The Reviews”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I can only conclude that Cynthia's Ristorante is rated so far down on the list of Paducah restaurants is because few visitors expect ... or are even looking for ... a fine restaurant. My wife and I recently had a chance to sample this restaurant in the downtown district during the very busy Paducah Quilt Festival and we were very pleased with the food, ambience, service and prices. Before driving down from Southeast Michigan, we checked out TripAdvisor and probably did not get down to #17 after viewing the top-listed restaurants ... mainly chains and fast food establishments. We have no problem with chains ... or even fast food ... but we do enjoy a fine establishment, but did not expect to find one until we wandered through the downtown district and spotted Cynthia's menu. We were greeted by Cynthia and seated quickly in the small dining room which quickly filled up with more guests taken to the second floor. Service was prompt and the wine/beer selection was good. I can recommend the Omengang Three Philosophers dark ale on tap. My wife and I ordered separate salads ... the grilled mozzarella salad was unique and Cynthia's Salad was fresh and crisp. We shared the veal scaloppini (delicious) and were tempted by the desserts, though we passed. I expect that next time we visit Paducah, Cynthia's Ristorante will appear higher in the list ... and in the future, we'll dig deeper into the reviews so we don't overlook a gem.

• Visited April 2012
Kentucky
“best restaurant in Paducah”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

very pricey but well worth it for a special occasion Love the Peace Bord wine from Germany

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“I was a bit disappointed with the service and not wowed by the food.”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I was a bit disappointed with the service and not wowed by the food.

I used to live in Paducah and actually worked at Cynthia's several years ago. Last night I was celebrating a special anniversary with my wife and wanted to take her to some place different, we live in Nashville. I didn't tell them we were celebrating, we just wanted dinner, nothing special.

We were seated and then another couple was seated a minute or so later. The other couple was greeted first and served their wine before we were even acknowledged by the server.

We ordered a drink and began to look over the menu. The drinks were delivered by someone else and it was another several minutes before the server returned to present the specials for the night. We had more or less made up our mind and then told half the things we ordered were not available...at 5:30.

My wife ordered the Roasted red pepper soup (delicious) and the Roasted oysters as her entree with a side of mashed potatoes. The oysters were good and the potatoes were not hot.

I ordered the Pistachio crusted goat cheese salad (quite tasty as well) and the scallops with roasted root vegetables and risotto. The scallops were ok at best and the risotto was al dente, crunchy even, when it came out the first time and somewhat bland both times.

After the dishes were remove, the server approached with dessert options. My wife ordered the flourless chocolate cake. It was rich and delicious. As I was taking the first bite, the server walked past and dropped the check on the table, with a word and kept on walking.

A couple minutes later he came up and asked if he could take care of the check. He grabbed the book off the table and as I was trying to tell him there was no credit card in there, he was gone before he could hear me.

The server assistant did a great job, very attentive.

As we were leaving, I was a little disappointed to find our coats were hanging in the COLD coat rack. We were cold before we ever walked out the door.

Neither the server nor the hostess told us to have a good night.

It's too bad, this used to be a great restaurant. Had I known, I wouldn't have spent 5 hours on the road for this meal.

Good luck Bill and Cynthia, but I wont be back.

• Visited January 2012