“Overall good stay; disappointed with breakfast.”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed March 14, 2009

I am a front desk clerk who works for a hotel in North Carolina. I know firsthand how stressful a hotel job can be, so I try to give those behind the desk, as well as the breakfast hostess, housekeeping staff, etc., the benefit of the doubt. This was a nice place to stay. The rooms were very clean, with the exception of a few hairs on the bathroom floor; it was not a big problem. Our frontdesk clerk's name was Penny, and she was very friendly and went out of her way to try and find a crib for my nephew on short notice. We were only able to eat breakfast one morning, so I hesitate to generalize about the service in this particular area. However, the day we did eat breakfast, it was not stocked very well, and it took a long time to get the food items you wanted. This might have been the exception rather than the rule; sometimes breakfast hostesses call in sick so that the frontdesk has to put out the breakfast and do their own duties. At any rate, the pool was clean, and my nephew got to enjoy his FIRST swim. Great stay, would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed September 29, 2008

We just returned from a three night stay at Comfort Suites in Paducah. It is as nice as any place we have stayed, at about half the price we have often paid. Every employee we were in contact with was extremely pleasant. The manager was so friendly that we felt like we'd known him for years. The desk clerks were all nice and helpful. A larger breakfast room and fresh fruit on the bar would be welcomed, but we did fine without either so I have no complaints. We will probably make this motel our regular stop when we are in Paducah.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We booked on-line using our discount rate. Check in was pleasant and the rates were honored without question. We requested adjoining rooms at check in and got them without a problem. Our rooms were clean and fresh. This was a family get-together that all of us enjoyed. The pool, breakfast and service were great. I would stay here any time I am in Paducah. This was a great value for our money.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank DCFamilyFrankfort
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Multiple auhorizations were made to my credit card without my approval. This created a major inconvenience and short term financial hardship for myself and my family. I realize in 3-5 business days only one of the charges will actually post to my account. However until then I do not have access to the funds. I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at this hotel several times, however I cannot afford to be charged double or triple their normal rate. Complaints to staff got no results or apology they simply stated there was nothing they could do. Not a very consumer friendly response or professional way to run a business.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank bruce_ky
Reviewed November 27, 2007

I stayed at this hotel as I was passing through Paducah, KY for the holidays. Wow! According to the friendly staff, the property just finished a renovation. These rooms rival rooms I've seen at upper scale hotels, like Marriott or Hyatt. The bathrooms had granite countertops, the furniture was brand new, and the beds had duvet covers. The wireless internet worked like a charm. And the breakfast was terrific. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great value for the money, highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newdelhi45
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I arrived on the evening of October 10th. This was a planned one night stay in a multi-state trip.

The room was clean in general. There was a stain on the couch but everything else was clean. The bed was comfortable.

A word of caution: Request a second or third floor room. I had a first floor room. The curtains are see through and the outer wall (in my room at least) is almost completely one large window that faces the parking lot. Cars can park right in front of the window and people can see in the room.

The clerk who was there when I checked in was nice. However, the clerk who was there later was not so friendly. The clerk in the morning was very friendly.

Internet access was not working. This was annoying because I needed to look up directions for my destinations and for the next hotel on my journey. The clerk in the morning was very apologetic about that. She was quite friendly. The lobby computer did work but was slow. There was no printer so directions had to be written.

It's a place to stay when traveling on a long trip. But don't expect more than that.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank wrc5252
Reviewed June 15, 2007

This hotel has just completed a total renovation. The lobby is new, all hallways are new, and all rooms are new, essentially making this hotel like a new hotel.

My wife and I spent one night here, knowing the property had just been renovated, and everything was extremely nice. Our room with a king-size bed was large and had the latest style plush mattress and bedding, plus lots of pillows. Our bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Our room also had a large sitting area, work desk, microwave and refrigerator. All furniture was brand new, including a large flat screen TV. The new carpeting in our room had a very attractive pattern, adding to the attractiveness of the room.

The bath area was large, with a marble countertop around the sink, and lots of excellent quality towels. Everything was very clean.

The breakfast area is small, but the adjoining lobby is also used as an eating area. Breakfast selections were very good, with fresh fruit, wonderful fresh donuts, and a waffle iron for making fresh waffles, plus all the standard continental breakfast items. Everything was kept clean and replenished.

Rooms have only wired internet access and it worked fine. Wireless access is available only in the lobby and breakfast area. The hotel is on a side street, just a block off the main street, and was very quiet. There is a variety of restaurants within 1/2 mile of the hotel, some of them within easy walking distance. The staff was pleasant but not as knowledgable about restaurants in the area as we would have liked. A printed list of restaurants to give to guests would have been very helpful.

This hotel fully met our expectations for a Comfort Suites hotel and we very definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple