“9 month stay”
Review of Drury Inn Paducah

Drury Inn Paducah
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I stay here for 9 months working out of town , great hotel , the only thing they need is a desert on the free supper , LOL ,great service , clean room ,and location was great , staff was great , like to really thank Cody for taking care of my paper work for me and the three other workers staying there

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn Paducah

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I travel frequently for pleasure and try to always stay at Drury. The Paducah Drury is one of the best; we've stayed there several times passing through and it is always amazing. Staff always seems to remember that we've been there before.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had to travel to paducah unexpectedly due to my father in law surprise hospital stay. The staff was helpful and room nice. The staff asked about our family and all 3 nights were quite and no problems.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

First time I have ever stayed in a Drury property and was pleasantly surprised with the friendly staff during the check in, she invited me to join the rewards club and explained about the hotel and what they offer. The evening meal was much more than just some finger food as I was told. The room was clean and well decorated with everything you could need. Breakfast was very good also with multiple options to satisfy any tastes. Check out was smooth, and again very friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friend and I stayed 2 nights in April during the Paducah Quilt Week. The Motel suited our needs very much. Staff was helpful informing us how to use the convenient shuttle buses to the convention center. Our room was fine and we enjoyed the breakfast and the evening food.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Good: All the extras provided by Drury are pretty unbelievable - free hot breakfast, free hot dinner including free alcohol, popcorn and soda from 3-10, free 60 mins long distance. If you have kids or like Golden Corral type of food, which there is clearly a market for, then you'll love this place. Mac and cheese, chili, hotdogs were served at dinner when we visited. I didn't eat either offering, but the amazing cost savings for all these freebies would be great for families and those on a budget. If you go to bed really early and are a heavy sleeper, this place is like a dream. I appreciate some of the green choices, such as fixed-containers of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. The showerhead is rain-like and water pressure was awesome. Some of the pillows were comfy. I liked that the fridge is in a cabinet to reduce the noise. The air-conditioner was one of the quietest in a recent hotel room. Johanna upon check out was really sweet. We got a great discounted rate on PL.

Bad: Perhaps the amenities mentioned above in "good" are the reasons this hotel is a 3 star, but it seems so much like a 2 star from the decor to the soap choices. This place is loud in the morning. Don't expect to sleep past sun up, as the curtains don't blackout or cover quite the whole window, so light creeps in. Also, the other guests and housekeeping were really, really loud in the morning. Both were calling down the halls really early this morning. The bathrooms are tiled to the ceiling, so I think when housekeeping is cleaning the bathroom, it echoes down the hallway as they are making noise in the rooms. I admire the hotel's choice in green products, such as the toilet paper and tissues, but it's pretty low quality. The soap is what I'd expect from a 1 to 2 star at best. Cody greeting us at the front desk upon arrival seemed rushed and stressed out. I give him credit for working a holiday weekend, but he needed a break.

Ugly: This place needs a deep clean. See the pictures of the bathroom fan, right above one's head if seated on the toilet - eww. We always strip the sheets as a courtesy to the maids. The mattresses are pretty low end and didn't provide a good night's sleep; there was a too small mattress pad that barely covered the mattress, so I was sleeping on the mattress and sheet and I could tell. There were only pillow protectors on 2 out of our 8 pillows. We were sort of appalled to see stains on the pillows themselves, as there were no pillow protectors on 6 of our pillows.

You have to weigh the good with the bad here. It depends on how heavy a sleeper you are, as well as how much of a clean freak you happen to be.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the second floor, above the open restaurant area, unless you are a SOUND sleeper!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vagabond_Yogini
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to see that you particularly enjoyed all of our free extras; our hot food as well as our green amenities, such as our liquid amenities dispenser in the shower. We always welcome valuable feedback from our guests and use your comments to improve our product and service. We will be certain to share your comments with our management team regarding décor, pillows, etc...so they may hear from the voice of the customer.

Thank you for choosing Drury Inn Paducah, and I hope we have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again.

Debi Brown

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed here during a recent trip to the big Quilt convention. I found that my reservations at a different hotel were wrong and had no place to stay. The staff here was extremely helpful and was able to find a room for me to stay. It was in a perfect location, with easy access to the interstate and to downtown, and located near some of the attractions for the convention. The extra free popcorn and soda was a nice treat. There are several restaurants nearby within walking distance which was nice. The hot breakfast was standard for most hotels, but presented nicely and was truly hot!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo