“Great Choice”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Palm Springs, California
“Great Choice”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

This was the first time I stayed with Drury chain & I was really impressed. Was traveling with a large dog but they were all so welcoming. Front desk was very friendly upon check in & check out. They offer a complimentary evening get together as well as a decent breakfast. My room was nice, smelled great, & comfortable bed. I would like to visit another location to see if they're of consistent quality, but it would now be my 1st choice when my dog is traveling with me.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Karen317

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Pet friendly, clean, lovely room. We paid 115 plus tax, so it's a bit pricy. But the nice smelling clean room was totally worth it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank J8957IXannal
Harlan, Iowa
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel was very nice. Nice pool. Allows big dogs (100+lbs) Very clean. Great breakfast. Free food and drinks. Very nice and clean rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Franklin
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Travelling here for business for a few nights this was my first experience with the property following its room remodel. They did really, really well. The room layout is still good with lots of room in the main area as well as the bathroom. The new bedding, carpeting, and furniture are all terrific. The new LCD with actual HD programming are also very much appreciated by someone who has modern electronics at home and hates downgrading while travelling.

The room is very quiet, even near the lobby. Water pressure and temperature were right on. The room passed the showerhead test (it is just above my 6'1" height) and they put in wonderful rain shower fixtures. The soaps and shampoos are all in mounted dispensers in the shower keeping things nice and neat. Lighting was good and ventilation was excellent.

I do wish hotels would start putting king pillows on king beds. I do not blame Drury because this it apparently industry practice to throw multiple small pillows at something that could be done with a single large one. I have never had a hotel with a king pillow and expect I never will.

Breakfast was well stocked and efficient. I do not eat during the rush but I expect it runs just as well.

One day I will probably stay at a Drury that disappoints me, but for now they are still batting a perfect thousand.

Room Tip: East side puts you away from the Interstate, which does sometimes create noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JeffFromFranklin
Poplar Bluff MO
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed 5-7-12, three ladies - two rooms. This hotel is located right as you leave Hwy 24 at exit 4. Check in was friendly and one of the ladies in our group was able to get a military rate. At 5:30 we went down for the snacks (5:30 pm - 10 pm.). Young and old seemed to be enjoying them along with 54 cent drinks. Margaritas seemed to be the most popular. Hotel is located between Outback Steakhouse and Bob Evans. Our group enjoyed the quilt museum and antique shops and Hancock Fabric store just a block down from the hotel. I have stayed here twice and both times our rooms were spotless. Beds and pillows comfortable. Bathrooms are large and clean! Breakfast looked good but we walked over to Bob Evans. Will definately stay again later in the year. This would be a great place to stay with kids for the snack buffet alone.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor and it was quiet. I would imagine first floor rooms could be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julie E
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed April 5, 2012

When you're traveling cross country, seems all the chain hotels and chain restaurants are just a crap shoot in getting a decent sleep. The sheets are not really all that soft and there's always a slip or two with a broken this or that...and usually it comes down to the staff in making for a good experience. On that alone, this hotel should get the gold star. I felt like I was home for every single person (they were all women by the way) was great at doing their job, greeting us, and making sure everything was what we needed. The rooms was especially clean and even though food included at night and in the am, it's really not the greatest, mostly very cheap ingredients and a whole lot of plastic packaging...but again, the staff was great. Two cheers for the Drury Inn who really do make you feel like guests.

Room Tip: Our room opened up to a large atrium and the window faced the parking lot...but it was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
St. Charles, MO
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice location in Paducah Quilting area. Clean rooms. Good beds. Very nice staff that took good care of us late at night. Good breakfast, too. I'd stay here again in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family