“One of the nicer budget hotels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pear Tree Inn Paducah

Pear Tree Inn Paducah
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Paducah
Wisconsin
“One of the nicer budget hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a budget hotel but it was a very nice budget hotel. It is close to the highway. The rates were very reasonable. The beds didn't have "upscale" linens but they were very comfortable. The breakfast didn't have any meat or eggs, just the typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank sheri731

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the Pear Tree Inn for just one night while traveling through Paducah. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I frequently travel with dogs, and they do allow them at this hotel. When I checked in it was after dark and at first I couldn't find where the grassy area was around the hotel for dog-walking (I just saw some very narrow grass medians along the parking), but after walking all the way around the hotel found the grassy area adjacent to the larger Drury Inn next door. It would have been helpful if the front desk clerk had told me about this, but it wasn't a big deal.

During the night I had a little trouble maintaining the temperature in the room; it seemed to fluctate between warm and stuffy and chilly quite a bit, until I figured out it was better to keep the fan on the AC unit running at all times so the room wouldn't get stuffy. A few times during the night there were people talking in the hallway and doors would slam (I was on the first floor), so I wouldn't exactly call it a quiet hotel.

The hotel doesn't seem to put a lot of effort into breakfast in my opinion... I made a waffle, and it was chewy. I didn't particularly like coffee either and ended up buying some at the adjacent Panera Bread next door. Given the option, I probably would just go over to Panera for breakfast altogether next time.

I wouldn't say I had a fantastic stay at this hotel, but it was good.

Room Tip: Consider the Drury Inn next door... it had rooms that opened to the outside which may make it seem a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Paducah, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Pear Tree Inn. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. We are sorry to hear that there were issues with the quietness during your stay and our breakfast. Your comments have been passed along to our team. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.
Sheridan, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Paducah is a great place for us to stop on our way north and the Pear Tree Inn is our favorite motel there. Put it in the no-frills category which suits is just fine, but all of the other features are there: clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff (they forwarded a pillow I left behind a couple of years ago -- no charge!), and the rates are the best you'll find for what you get. Watch out if you plan to stop in Paducah during the big quilt show in April each year -- rooms become impossible to find at that time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I'm a manager at a privately owned hotel in Kansas City, and I was very pleased with my stay here. I decided to stay here because of the reviews alone and it stood up to all my expectations. The evening associate, Kristen, was very friendly and extremely helpful. I'm happy to see such a clean and comfortable hotel so reasonably priced!! Stay here you won't be disappointed:-)

• Stayed May 2013
Paducah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you need a good room at a great price, the Pear Tree Inn is a really good choice in Paducah. It is owned by Drury, and the hotel is no frills, but you'll have no reason to complain. The staff was friendly, the room was super clean. Overall a good, budget place to stay. You are in the main mall/chain-restaurant area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I chose to stay at the Pear Tree Inn based on other reviews I read. This hotel did not disappoint. The room was very clean and the king bed was comfortable. I wasn't expecting the refrigerate and microwave so that was a nice bonus. In room hair dryer, coffee and iron also. The only small criticism I have was that the room was really warm and it was hard to cool it down. I guess we could have turned on the AC, but that seemed silly in January.

When I return to Paducah, I will stay here again. Great value and super convenient to restaurants right off the interstate. Downtown is about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris L
Kuttawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

So I had a conference and called and asked if they had a conference room and they said yes. I said I needed space for only 12 people or so....I arrive and get the key. go to the room and there is a conference table and a dry erase board on the wall. The kooky thing is there is a bed in the room!!!!! It was really weird and made people feel uncomfortable. It through the business presentation a real curve. I was from out of town and trusted they would not have set me up this way. I cannot believe they have a bed in the conference room. I guess if a speaker or presentation got too bad then a person could go lay down....sheesh. I paid nearly $200 and believed I was taken advantage of so I will not be back to this place. The staff was friendly but they had no control over the dumpy room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Paducah, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with our conference room during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and regret that the level of service was not what you expected or deserved. Our goal is that we exceed your expectations during your stay, both for meetings and overnight accommodations. In the future, please let a member of our staff know about issues while you are in the hotel. We would love to have had the opportunity to resolve the issue while you were here. Thank you for your feedback.