“BAD MAX”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Max's Brick Oven

Max's Brick Oven
Ranked #13 of 197 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paducah, Kentucky
“BAD MAX”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Several weeks ago we had reservations for Max's at 7:00 pm. We, 8 of us, arrived there at seven o'clock. We ended up waiting an hour to get to our alleged reserved table, that was not our table. The server said that we were waiting on the owners to get up from the table so we could be seated, how nice. We ended up being seated at a table outside in the 90 degree heat, in which one of the couples with us became sick, due to the heat and a medication he was taking. Now we are down to four people, the waitress was very nice and did a great job. But the food was lacking. I love the atmosphere at Max's so we will give them another chance.

Two weeks later, I call to make reservations again and get a very rude lady on the phone.
I ask for a 7:30 to 8:00 reservation and she says 8;00 would have to be the time, I said ok, I then asked if we would have to wait an hour after making the reservation and she told me " JUST DON'T COME THEN" and hung up! I was shocked, and mad , because I loved going down ther for dinner, but I will never be able to go again after being treated like that. And come to find out it was the owner who hung up on me.

Salem, Kentucky
“good pizza”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I love the brick oven pizza and the only thing ever i did not like was only one night they seated people off of the street while we were waiting with reservations.

KY
“Man, nice location but plain food and high prices”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

My husband ordered the Shepherd's Pie (which btw is an extremely cheap dish to make: ground beef and mashed potatoes) and his portion was So small and So overpriced for what he got. I ordered the pizza, I love a great chewy, crunchy, smokey brick oven baked pizza crust. Well that is NOT what I got. My pizza was pretty much tomato paste on a saltine cracker. It was the first time in my entire life that I did not finish my pizza. Crazily enough we didn't finish our food there and we went to another place to get pizza! What a dissapointment. If only I could have had my crust.....

Nashville
“Great service, mediocre food”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

My husband and I ate here while on vacation. We both went for 2 of the lower-priced items on the menu--pizza. At a place that boasts cooking in a brick oven & for the price, I expected them to be exceptional. I ordered a chicken pizza ($10.50), and my husband ordered the "Aurora" pizza ($11.75). They were just okay. The center was a bit undercooked. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was nice. We were the only ones in the dining room as everyone else chose the screened-in porch. Overall, the food was disappointing but the atmosphere and service were good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It is absolutely my favorite. It's a bit loud because of being an older brick building, but the food is AWESOME!”
Reviewed November 15, 2008