“A nice local place.”
Review of Max's Brick Oven

Max's Brick Oven
Ranked #14 of 209 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

A good meal in a nice setting, the dinning room is small but that makes the place just cozy. Not a huge menu but a nice variery for every taste with an attentive staff. Give the bread pudding a try and you may just think you're in New Orleans.

1  Thank Antonio P

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food is ok.........not my favorite, but certainly not bad at all. The atmosphere is what makes this place. The bar is a great place to hang out if the weather is not so good, but be sure to sit outside if you can in their huge outdoor patio area. Enjoy some of the best beer and cocktails in the city. The bartender is very good and great to chat with.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A small dining room that gets pretty noisy. Good food and a nice patio if the weather is perfect. Make reservations

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am an international businessman and I have dined in all types of restaurants all over the world. Max's is near my hometown in Kentucky and I have eaten there a few times over the years, but never remember having had a positive experience. However the last visit was the worst and certainly the final. I was seated on the patio at 6:30PM. After a 10 minute wait, a waiter with zero people skills finally came over and took our order. My sister ordered French onion soup. At about 7:40PM, after having been seated for over an hour, the waiter advised us that there was a large party of 30 people who had come in after us. He said because my sister had ordered the soup, the kitchen could not prepare our entrees for another half hour, or until the 30 meals were done, even though we had ordered everything when we first arrived and long before the large party had arrived. I complained that would be more than an hour and a half to be served, but the waiter advised that nothing could be done, that was the kitchen policy, became very confrontational and sent the "manager" to our table. The "manager" came with an arrogant attitude, and I advised him that we would like to leave. He unbelievably demanded we pay for the drink and the soup. How dumb?
Who needs this abuse for below average food? Who hires these incompetents at Max's?

4  Thank GTD-KY
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Took a group of customers here and had a great experience. Terrific variety of food - I had lasagna which was very good and a smaller portion (what I wanted). Great breads, terrific service. Has Creme brûlée and Makers Mark cake both super. Can't go wrong with this place!

2  Thank Richard K