“One of my favorites”
Review of Max's Brick Oven

Max's Brick Oven
Ranked #16 of 219 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of our favorite places to share with guests. We love eating out on the patio, even when the weather is cool they have the fire pit. Their pizza is different but quite good. Wonder atmosphere and food .

Date of visit: October 2012
1  Thank 961CharlotteH

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great old building in downtown Paducah. Good italian food, always busy.
Haven't been there for a while, but always enjoy it.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food is fresh and prepared to order; continental style. My husband had Rainbow Trout, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the shrimp portofino. There were plenty of shrimp and mushrooms, and the food arrived hot. I found them a little pricey, but they're in the big city on Market House Square, so you're paying for location, too. If you're downton, it's very convenient.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went here on a whim. Very classy and a little pricey but amazing entrees! I had the baked salmon and it was hands down the best I had ever eaten. Don't let the wasabi glaze scare you off...it was so tasty!

2  Thank Ajp8364
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant at 7:30 on a Friday evening in late May. We were invited to visit their outside bar while we waited for a table. The wait was not long - fifteen minutes. We were seated in the inside bar. If it had not been so hot, we would have opted to eat outside - which a few people did.

Our review of the place: first bad: had to wait forty minutes to get our appetizer. Second bad: the place was incredibly noisy! First good: the food was excellent. Our waitress apologized for the long wait and she even offered us a free dessert to make up for it. We didn’t take her up on that though. My wife's appetizer was their chili dip - which uses the chili recipe from a local chili parlor. My appetizer was crostini. Both of these were very good. They also gave us a basket of bread - three kinds, I believe. The best was the flat bread, followed by the pita triangles. My wife’s entree was the chicken Creole pizza; mine was jambalaya. We both drank water. (66 bucks, including the soft drinks we got while waiting for a table). Again - the food was excellent. However whether or not we would return is questionable due to the noise level.

We are willing to try this place again: the wait needs to improve significantly and hopefully the noise level won't be so bad.

Date of visit: May 2012
1  Thank Go803197

Been to Max's Brick Oven? Share your experiences!