“Could have been a great experience except...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Max's Brick Oven

Max's Brick Oven
Ranked #13 of 197 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mattoon, Illinois
“Could have been a great experience except...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant at 7:30 on a Friday evening in late May. We were invited to visit their outside bar while we waited for a table. The wait was not long - fifteen minutes. We were seated in the inside bar. If it had not been so hot, we would have opted to eat outside - which a few people did.

Our review of the place: first bad: had to wait forty minutes to get our appetizer. Second bad: the place was incredibly noisy! First good: the food was excellent. Our waitress apologized for the long wait and she even offered us a free dessert to make up for it. We didn’t take her up on that though. My wife's appetizer was their chili dip - which uses the chili recipe from a local chili parlor. My appetizer was crostini. Both of these were very good. They also gave us a basket of bread - three kinds, I believe. The best was the flat bread, followed by the pita triangles. My wife’s entree was the chicken Creole pizza; mine was jambalaya. We both drank water. (66 bucks, including the soft drinks we got while waiting for a table). Again - the food was excellent. However whether or not we would return is questionable due to the noise level.

We are willing to try this place again: the wait needs to improve significantly and hopefully the noise level won't be so bad.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank joan&mike

Paducah, Kentucky, United States
“My favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This resturaunt is my favorite in Paducah. The food is excellent, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the service is top notch! I love it!

• Visited January 2013
Castle Pines, Colorado, United States
“Reliably good food but noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times during my frequent business trips to Paducah and have never been disappointed. My most recent visit was on March 20, 2013. I ordered the wood-fired salmon. It was cooked perfectly, tender and pink, and it came promptly. The brie appetizer easily serves 3-4, and the house white wines are good quality. My only complaint is the noise level. On a busy night, it's difficult to hear your dinner companions, even at a small table. Also, there is no place to hang coats, and my long coat was stepped on all night because it had to be draped over my chair.

• Visited January 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE THE FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

had a great meal and will be back the server was exert nice and I didnt catch her name but she was great

• Visited December 2012
Marion, Illinois
“One of my favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have eaten at Max's brick oven several times and every single time it gets better and better. It is located on the historic Paducah riverfront. Make sure you make reservations.

• Visited December 2012