“Great Service Anniversary”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had service anniversary money that needed to be used before the end of May. I went from one idea to another and just couldn't decide what to do with the $200.00. I was reminded about Kirchoffs by looking at something else on tripadvisor. I had been to Kirchoff's before (years ago) and it was good so I was hoping it was still delicious and decided to order a bunch of items and combine a road trip to pick up and bring back food and have a party with my family in MO. The food travels great.and retains it's shape. Kirchoff's is still outstanding from what I remembered and the staff were great to work with.,,Jenny. The payment was set up with my manager and the next day I just called and placed my order. I ordered so much and still wanted more!! But I ordered enough for everyone to try a variety of cookies, bars, chocolate lovers cake, carrot cake, coconut cream pie, pecan/chocolate pie, 7 different sandwiches and loaves of bread. I arrived later than expected and everything was ready and they got the cold items together. One of the workers carted everything to my car for easier loading. I drove back to my place in MO in great time which was a little over 2 hours. Everything stayed cool, everything was there and everything was absolutely wonderful. I was able to share with my family for many days and extend my celebration instead of just going to a restaurant and have one meal, leave and then its over. The prices for the sandwiches are very good for the portions. Ar least our portions, very generous, very fresh. I don't know how but everything lasted extremely well, vegetables, meats and a long time! And the corned beef, just like I remember when I was a kid. Real deli corned beef...you understand or you don't. If you understand you know what I'm talking about. This is the real deal corned beef with some fat, That's real deli .yum. Turkey and Roast beef succulent and juicy. The Club,,,a vegetarian's nightmare and a meat lover's dream. It's fantastic, I always order this sandwich.to go because you can't get a bite of everything in one bite unless you open your mouth really, really wide lol, Anything you get is great. All the sweets were wonderful as well. I would have liked to have seen the carrot cake a bit more decorated on the outside, Perhaps even a light nut dusting. Absolutely delicious so I just think the outside should be a bit more than just solid white. Liked the sourdough bread a lot. The rye I got was not what I was expecting but that is because I'm used to the jewish rye in st louis which is a different flour, smaller and an overall lighter color and softer when finished. I think this is more of a regional issue brought over from Europe and what you're used to. I did find the rye a little on the dry side for my preference.but it will make great Melt sandwiches, tuna melt, patty melt, etc, croutons, toast. I cant wait to go back and get more food. Its one of those places that if it's good I just want more and get cravings....and its all good. Of course need to eat something before traveling with the food next time It was really hard driving back without wanting to attack the food. Smelling the Mufaletta on the drive home was makng us so hungry because it smelled so good. A+> Thank you to all at Kerchoff's that helped make this a wonderful service anniversary!

Note, if you've read this whole review thank you. I know you will go. If you're not familiar with the area they are on the 2nd cobblestone one way street. The first cobblestone street on the left is a Do not enter and right after that is Market House Sq on the left which is a one way cobblestone street. Drive slow or you'jj pass it up. If you get to the awesome flood walls, you've gone too far.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I eat here a couple times a month and never have had a bad meal. I would highly recommend it. If you are in the area try it. It's worth it.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

They close at 2pm and we got there at 2:05. No problem! Very gracious and excellent food. Would recommend to everyone.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Was on the landing in Paducah looking for lunch and decided to give this place a try. Got a Shrimp Po boy that was fantastic and huge!!! My wife got the fried green tomato BLT and it was also amazing. The place was pretty crowded but our food was ready quickly and everyone working there was very friendly and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. The prices were very reasonable too. I really wish this place was closer to home!!! But I'll definitely be back anytime I am in the area.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stop here for lunch at the AQS show every year when visiting. Excellent food! Sandwiches are unique and huge! Homemade soups!! It is worth the wait if there is a line...which goes fast! I wish we had some place like that here....the bakery is worth the stop too.....CranOatie cookies are delicious!!