“Unbelievable - and no - I don't work for Marriott”

Residence Inn Paducah
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Unbelievable - and no - I don't work for Marriott”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I have traveled around the world and stayed in hundreds of hotels. For the money I have stayed in no better hotel. The manager's energy is contagious and is reflected in the performance / attentiveness of the staff and the general cleanliness of the hotel. The icing on the cake is the food which is delicious!!! Not much in the way of microwave meals at his place which in this day and age is exceptional. I will not go into details here but the food was just great. period. I loved it and when they say welcome home I actually felt like it was a home away from home. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Crackerjack1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I had to go to Paducah on business and was very impressed with the Residence Inn. The rooms (suites) were spacious, new, clean, and fashionable. I love the amenities of a Residence Inn with the full kitchen, sitting area, and hearty, warm breakfast. The staff was helpful and friendly. I could print out my boarding pass at the hotel computer in the library. I would have given this hotel 5 stars except they had the flimsiest toilet paper and facial tissues. They also had a regular (CRT) TV and I have become a flat screen/HDTV snob. The hotel was easy to get to and near shopping malls and restaurants. Only 7 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ladybugonbusiness
S��͏D"
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Private bedroom, fireplace, complete kitchen, very quiet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CactusLover
Godfrey, Illinois
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Although this faciity is awesome, be extremely guarded with your confirmed reservations. The facility will cancel you despite your confirmed reservation in order to accommodate an extention to an existing reservation. I was called on my check-in date to be told that they had no room for me. They set me up at another hotel which was no where near the status of their facility as the major chains in Paducah were sold out for that day.

When Marriott Rewards made aware of this issue, was told that they could not 'kick' out their current patrons and because I was the only one of four people checking in that did not possess 'Platinum' status, I was the one selected to have my reservation cancelled. Due to the lack of assistance received from the Complaint Dept, Marriott Hotels have just lost all my business and I travel on a weekly basis!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank skcrox
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Met friends for a three-day getaway. Rooms was clean, well decorated, with full kitchen. We had a two-bedroom suite, with two full baths, a living room. Breakfast -- included in the room price -- was quite extensive, with a hot entree, fresh fruit and many other choices. On arrival night, when we were tired, there was an appetizer spread of chicken/broccoli pasta which was tasty and kept us from having to go out after our long drive. Would have preferred a round or square table to the long one in the room, as we are gamers, Other than that, no improvements necessary. Pets are allowed but there is a charge of $75! Yikes.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Spoonball
Merritt Island
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed here overnight on our way to St. Louis and we were very impressed! The room was very clean, neat and smartly decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The hot breakfast had a good assortment to choose from and it was very good. The location was right off the Interstate and was very close to numerous restaurants.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikimeg
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Recently, my extended family and I gathered in Paducah for an 80th birthday celebration for both of our parents. Of the area hotels, the Residence Inn of Paducah had the best accomodations for our party with its spacious two bedroom/bathroom suites. A previous stay at this property by some members of this group had been very pleasant so we decided to try it for a second time.

In a nutshell, the Residence Inn of Paducah did not disappoint. You can always tell when a hotel has great management as this one does. The employees were genuinely friendly and always available to help, from the front desk staff to the breakfast room attendants to the housekeeping staff. Our rooms were cleaned promptly after a call to the front desk, we were lent tape to wrap presents, and extra towels were left upon request. All requests were met with a smile and "can do" attitude. Obviously, the staff takes ownership in this hotel and their positive and helpful attitudes seem to be a reflection of job satisfaction. As a frequent traveller, that quality is often sorely lacking and turns up in little ways throughout an entire organization when not present.

The physical aspects of the property are also appealing. The lobby is warm and welcoming and the rooms are decorated in a contemporary yet warm style with rich red and gold tones. This is a place that is attractive for both short and longer term stays. Another plus is the included breakfast which is a cut above the typical for this level hotel. Besides the usual cereal and pastry offerings are yogurt, granola, and fruit as well as a selection of hot breakfast items.

I have stayed at numerous other properties in Paducah and this has been the best overall experience. We will definitely be returning when we visit again in December!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family