“Better Values to be Had”

Hampton Inn & Suites Paducah
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed September 1, 2008

While clean and neat, the new Hamptons lack things others have as standards. There is not a recliner, overstuffed chair, Mini fridge, Microwave, etc.

Also if like my wife you prefer a tub than just a shower, these are not available.

Other chains like Comfort, Drury, etc seem to be better values in the mid price range.

Also I am a Hilton Honors member with 425,000 point in my account. So I have stayed with Hilton a lot.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bionea

Reviewed July 22, 2008

Nice, clean, new hotel. Great staff. Very friendly and professional and helpful from check-in to check-out. Nice pool and hot tub. Nice breakfast. Nice rooms. Would recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ReviewerMariettaGA
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I have been traveling to Paducah for 10 years on business. I have always stayed at the Drury Suites, which is also nice. However, the Hampton is very new, employees are very courteous, and is an overall pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MarciaLynn4
Reviewed March 8, 2008

This is obviously a brand new hotel. The rooms are well appointed and the furniture and fixtures are very good.

Why Hampton Corporate allowed this franchise to be built without adequate sound insulation between the rooms amazes me.

Watch what you say while in your room. While trying to sleep I could clearly hear the conversations in the rooms on either side and they were not talking loud. Fortunately the HVAC equipment allows for the fan to be on all night which masked the noise.

The property has many pluses going for it, such as the only Hampton that I have seen that provides free evening adult beverages (they charge 50 cents by KY law for taxes that have to be paid by the consumer). The rooms are well decorated as are the common areas.

Paducah has multiple hotel choices, many of which are new too. I normally choose to stay at a Hampton, but I will probably stay with the Holiday Inn Express or one of the Drury properties on my next visit because of the noise levels in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 17, 2008

The Paducah Hampton Inn is certainly new and polished. The lobby is very nice with a wonderful happy hour from 5-7 on weekdays. The rooms are spacious and smell new and the beds are the standard high quality Hampton bed. However, the hotel has it's flaws. The staff, while mostly very friendly, seems a little inexperienced. Illegible receipts were put under the doors (no one bothered to see if the ink cartridge was full I would suspect), newspapers were accidentally delivered to non-hilton honors guests instead of HH members, and the breakfast bar was poorly stocked with cold to lukewarm "hot" food items.

In addition, there seems to be some sound insulation problems. I was able to clearly hear my night owl neighbor's television set well into the night (2am +).

Given the other choices in the area, these problems are still not enough to keep me from coming back. However, I think that travelers should be aware that despite the new appearance they are not entering a "perfect" Hampton Inn.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank STLtravelSTL
Reviewed December 27, 2007

This is the newest Hampton we've ever visited and was very nice. Our view left a lot to be desired since our room overlooked a muddy and rutted field, But no doubt by the time we go there again there will be another motel or something to gaze upon out there. ha
The only real problem I had which was probably my own fault for not clarifying what I was getting, was that our room had no tub only a shower. I have arthritis and was so looking forward to a soak in a hot tub but that had to wait until the next night when I was back home. The staff was all very pleasant and helpful, especially the lady who worked the breakfast room. The bathroom decor was outstanding and there were many little special touches that I would never have thought of. This rates about as high as any Hampton we've visited and we travel quite a bit.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank R&MRich
Reviewed September 4, 2007

This is hands down the best Hampton Inn I've ever visited. It's brand new, only four months old as of 9/07. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. I have yet to hear a peep from the other rooms even though the hotel is nearly full. Nice, attentive staff, gorgeous lobby, the usual Hampton breakfast, and a very nice pool. Overall a great experience. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business