“Beautiful New hotel !”

Hampton Inn & Suites Paducah
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a beautiful new hotel and is easy to get to off the Interstate.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean7883

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We found this hotel to be clean, the staff friendly and the pool and hot tub area clean and working. I did feel a bit strange when our keys didn't work and when I took it down to the desk clerk she said she wasn't surprised that they didn't work since the room was originally assigned to a family who wanted adjoining rooms and had to change. I think the clerk should have checked the keys before giving them to us & more importantly should have checked the room after someone else was in it before we arrived. A bit sloppy on their end in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is a fairly typical Hampton Inn. The entire property was clean and well maintained. We had a studio suite which offers a lot of extra room. The room and bathroom were well equipped, neat and clean. The bed was very comfortable. There was a nice selection of TV channels and the wireless internet connection worked without problems and was fast.

Check-in was interesting. The person who checked me in must have been just going off shift as she was waiting at the side of the front desk with her hat and gloves on, like she was getting ready to leave. However, she did check me in quickly and the reservation was in order. Just a little strange.

The eating area in the lobby had a high ceiling, like some of the new Hamptons. It does indeed add to the appearance and makes the room seem more formal and inviting. This room also had several quilts hanging which really added to the ambiance. A nice feature was a sign for each quilt with the quilt's name and a short note from the quilter. I am not a quilter but my wife is and she enjoyed this.

The exercise room was small but in the two times I used it I was the only person there so it must have been large enough. There were four machines - bike, treadmill, stair climber and elliptical. No free weights or scale, which would have been nice, but I suppose the small room precluded that.

Breakfast was the normal Hampton fare with scrambled eggs and bacon plus the normal items (waffles, breads, fruit, etc). The area was clean and well stocked.

While there were no places to eat within walking distance, there were numerous restaurants only a couple of minutes drive away. For those going to the quilt museum, that is about a 10 minute drive in downtown Paducah.

One thing that did bother me was that there was a used carryout food bag and empty pizza box in our hall essentially during our entire visit (from about 5 pm one day until 8 am the next morning). It would seem that some time in that period some staff member would have a chance to pick this stuff up (or maybe the guests could have carried them to the trash can in the ice machine area). Trash in the hall really detracts from the atmosphere and makes the hotel seem cheap and dirty.

I think the price ($125 before taxes, $141 after) was a bit high. There are lots of hotels in this area. I will probably check out a couple of the others next time I need to stay in this area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We arrived at the Hampton for an overnight after a challenging trip from SC (3-hour delay to replace a blown-out tire). It was just what we needed- a large, peaceful room and a good night's sleep. I also appreciated the indoor pool- a better size than many I've encountered. There was a reception with 50-cent drinks winding up as we checked in, but I needed the swim more.

A few areas where they could improve: the room has only paper cups (I'm happy to give up plastic for environmental reasons), and they leak. They're made in the USA, too! Maybe they can work with their supplier to get better quality. My husband felt that the HDTV picture wasn't as sharp as it should have been. The breakfast selection (included in room rate) was very good except that the scrambled eggs were mushy- I suspect they used powdered eggs. Nasty- I didn't even finish them.

The hotel is in one of those areas that springs up around highway interchanges: very convenient to the highway and surrounded by most of the usual franchises so you have plenty of eating options. The nearest are Bob Evans and Outback.

We'd use this hotel again- I just wouldn't eat the eggs.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I was a bit nervous about staying here because of a previous review about housekeeping. Our room was spotless and comfortable, the desk staff were really helpful and we appreciated the cookies. They have a "happy hour" with $.50 drinks that we couldn't take advantage of, but thought was a great idea. Got a great recommendation for dinner. The person on the floor above us seemed to have been jumping rope or practicing karate, and we could hear it, but it didn't go on very long!! I'm not sure any hotel could handle that without sound transfer,though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank haricotsv2
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had a nice stay overall at this Hampton Inn, my only complaint was that the rooms do not have very good sound barriers as I could hear the neighbors chatting and watching TV, which was really annoying when I was trying to get work done.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We spent one night at the Hampton Inn. Check-in was quick and friendly. We were given two adjoining rooms as requested. The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was excellent. They also have nightlights in the bathrooms which I find very helpful. The hotel is in an area with many other hotels and fast food restaurants. The hotel is far enough from the highway though that no noise could be heard inside the room. The indoor pool was nice.

In the evening they have a manager’s reception, where they offer drinks for 50 cents and have snacks available. I guess because of this they don’t give the usual bottles of water to HHONORS guests. In the morning they offer the typical Hampton Inn breakfast with a hot item, waffles, muffins, cereals fruit, etc.

There were really only two negatives. First, if someone is in the room above you can hear them walking around. Second, the smoke detectors flash a bright white light every few minutes that was bright enough that at first I actually thought it was lighting. I couldn’t see it with my eyes closed, but it was startling with my eyes open.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family