“Typical good Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Paducah
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Kansas City, Missouri
“Typical good Hampton Inn”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We arrived at the Hampton for an overnight after a challenging trip from SC (3-hour delay to replace a blown-out tire). It was just what we needed- a large, peaceful room and a good night's sleep. I also appreciated the indoor pool- a better size than many I've encountered. There was a reception with 50-cent drinks winding up as we checked in, but I needed the swim more.

A few areas where they could improve: the room has only paper cups (I'm happy to give up plastic for environmental reasons), and they leak. They're made in the USA, too! Maybe they can work with their supplier to get better quality. My husband felt that the HDTV picture wasn't as sharp as it should have been. The breakfast selection (included in room rate) was very good except that the scrambled eggs were mushy- I suspect they used powdered eggs. Nasty- I didn't even finish them.

The hotel is in one of those areas that springs up around highway interchanges: very convenient to the highway and surrounded by most of the usual franchises so you have plenty of eating options. The nearest are Bob Evans and Outback.

We'd use this hotel again- I just wouldn't eat the eggs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I was a bit nervous about staying here because of a previous review about housekeeping. Our room was spotless and comfortable, the desk staff were really helpful and we appreciated the cookies. They have a "happy hour" with $.50 drinks that we couldn't take advantage of, but thought was a great idea. Got a great recommendation for dinner. The person on the floor above us seemed to have been jumping rope or practicing karate, and we could hear it, but it didn't go on very long!! I'm not sure any hotel could handle that without sound transfer,though.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haricotsv2
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had a nice stay overall at this Hampton Inn, my only complaint was that the rooms do not have very good sound barriers as I could hear the neighbors chatting and watching TV, which was really annoying when I was trying to get work done.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We spent one night at the Hampton Inn. Check-in was quick and friendly. We were given two adjoining rooms as requested. The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was excellent. They also have nightlights in the bathrooms which I find very helpful. The hotel is in an area with many other hotels and fast food restaurants. The hotel is far enough from the highway though that no noise could be heard inside the room. The indoor pool was nice.

In the evening they have a manager’s reception, where they offer drinks for 50 cents and have snacks available. I guess because of this they don’t give the usual bottles of water to HHONORS guests. In the morning they offer the typical Hampton Inn breakfast with a hot item, waffles, muffins, cereals fruit, etc.

There were really only two negatives. First, if someone is in the room above you can hear them walking around. Second, the smoke detectors flash a bright white light every few minutes that was bright enough that at first I actually thought it was lighting. I couldn’t see it with my eyes closed, but it was startling with my eyes open.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank usroadman
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stay at this property several times a year. It is fairly new and as one would expect pretty nice. The breakfast is good, the property and grounds are nice and well kept. HOWEVER, the last three stays have been problematic. The front desk staff does all they should but low-and-behold the rooms are always in some state of mess. The last two times the bathrooms were dirty...like stuff in the toilet dirty. Of course the complaint is heeded and the room is changed but my concern is what am I NOT seeing. I am concerned that management is either clueless and not aware or just don't care. Look I'm a Diamond member, honestly this is going to stay my property of choice and I hate giving a bad review but someone needs to step it up. This is a matter of hygiene and health and a guest needs to know they are not risking disease by staying at a property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing to the north or odd numbered rooms are more quite in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jerry H
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Service was great and hotel was nice. Rooms were nice and air conditioner worked well. There are a number of Restuarants a short drive away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
usa
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were greated Warmly by the Staff at the hotel. We were tired from traveling, so the ease of check inn helped.
The room was standard Hampton, (I think they all look the same). The beds were nice and firm, the room was clean. A standard supply of shampoo and soap, nothing special. The staff at the hotel were nice, not Super nice, but professional.
The Breakfast was above average for a Hampton.
The hotel went Smoke free in June 2011 I think( You can still smell a hint of smoke, but it is bareable, considering that they are the only "smoke-free"/ Pet free Hotel in the area.
Overall a good solid Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family