“Amazing views! Best place to stay in Paducah”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paducah
Fox Briar Inn at RiverPlace
Ranked #3 of 9 Paducah B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed here in room 16B. Amazing room, great views of the river and paintings on the wall. The room was huge! Full kitchen, very nice for the fondue we had for dinner. The bathroom was large, with a very large whirlpool tube. The entire room, with brink walls, loft decor, and furnature was very well done.

We could walk to the Quilt Museum, all around downtown, and by the river. Parking was directly across the street, in the center parking lot. Perfect location - could not be in a better location. One of the more expensive places to stay, but you get what you paid for - an amazing hotel.

No breakfast, which is odd for a B&B I think....and no staff after hours or on Sundays (they give you a phone number to call)....but overall, the best place in Paducah!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adamsaintlouis

Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I stay in B&Bs any chance we get. This setup is a bit different. It was our own apartment for the night. The owner, Sue, was kind enough to accomodate our early evening arrival. She told us quite a bit about the history of the building. It is amazing the amount of restoration work they did. She has the pictures to prove it!!

The location was perfect. There are several fine dining restaurants within walking distance. You can get lost in the dozens of shops, or merely enjoy walking along the river.

Breakfast is not provided but we had read here about a bakery around the corner.

The Fox Briar offers several options with regard to the size of their accomodations. It is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Wonderful stay! A quiet get away in a beautiful building and lovely area. I thank the Fox Briar for keeping to their policy of no children and no pets as the Inn was so quiet and peaceful. The rooms have kitchens and guests are allowed to relax and go at their own schedule. No breakfast is offered, but I liked that better as you don't have to schedule your day around someone else's time table. Besides, there is a wonderful bakery and coffee shop just around the corner. Will go back very soon.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Fox Briar Inn is a charming and unique place. My husband and I went for our 2nd anniversy celebration and I was pleasantly surprised. The downtown Paducah area has something special going on with its Dinner after Dark on the weekends. We enjoyed Cynthias restaurant for a romantic dinner and loved The Chococalate Factory both of which are walking distance from Fox Briar Inn. The room was so clean and I loved the view of the river.
We cant wait for a return trip!!
Rhonda from TENNESSEE

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Carolyn called and cancelled our reservation today because we have a 10 year old. We were suppose to stay there tomorrow night. She left a message on our recorder that said "I am sorry. I talked to Sue and we do not accomodate children so, I am cancelling your reservation." This is sad. I had contacted Sue three times and had even told her about our 10 yr. old son. Nothing was mentioned until I booked the reservation with Carolyn and she said that a child may be an issue. I told her that our son was very well-mannered and she said, we have heard that before. She told me that she would check with Sue and get back to us. I was planning to share the Fox Briar with my 73 year old mother who appreciates historic hotels. What a disappointment to get a cancellation the night before we are to stay in the hotel.

Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank ReviewerMariettaGA
Reviewed October 7, 2007

If you don't particularly like staying in B & B's, then this is the place for you! The "suites" are really incredibly great! Everything you could possibly want or need are located in these rooms. Clean, clean, clean! Comfortable bed, great water pressure. Comfy furnishings in ultra high, sleek style. Very private, with a very nice locked outside entrance leading to your elevator.
Thanks so much for the special treat, Sue!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 12, 2006

We stayed at the Fox Briar Inn which is restored building in the historic downtown district overlooking the Ohio River and the artist's flood walls. It looked just like the virtual tour when we got there. Each unit is unique and has its own style. The only down side was the living room furniture, mainly the chair, it was antique and not too comfortable. I would suggest keeping the sofa and putting a love seat with a similar style to the sofa or a more comfortable chair or seating for watching TV/movies. This place is awesome. We would go back. The owner was there herself to let us in on a rainy Friday night and showed us the primo unit after I asked her as it was vacant and I had seen it on the website. That has 2 bedrooms and is just gorgeous. We had reserved the craftsman unit which is the one we stayed in. Finally, the bed was the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in. Thanks Sue at Fox Briar Inn, in Peducah!!

Anita and Ken