“great weekend trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paducah
Fox Briar Inn at RiverPlace
Ranked #2 of 9 Paducah B&B and Inns
DYER COUNTY
“great weekend trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

Fox Briar Inn is a charming and unique place. My husband and I went for our 2nd anniversy celebration and I was pleasantly surprised. The downtown Paducah area has something special going on with its Dinner after Dark on the weekends. We enjoyed Cynthias restaurant for a romantic dinner and loved The Chococalate Factory both of which are walking distance from Fox Briar Inn. The room was so clean and I loved the view of the river.
We cant wait for a return trip!!
Rhonda from TENNESSEE

Stayed August 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Marietta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2008

Carolyn called and cancelled our reservation today because we have a 10 year old. We were suppose to stay there tomorrow night. She left a message on our recorder that said "I am sorry. I talked to Sue and we do not accomodate children so, I am cancelling your reservation." This is sad. I had contacted Sue three times and had even told her about our 10 yr. old son. Nothing was mentioned until I booked the reservation with Carolyn and she said that a child may be an issue. I told her that our son was very well-mannered and she said, we have heard that before. She told me that she would check with Sue and get back to us. I was planning to share the Fox Briar with my 73 year old mother who appreciates historic hotels. What a disappointment to get a cancellation the night before we are to stay in the hotel.

Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank ReviewerMariettaGA
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2007

If you don't particularly like staying in B & B's, then this is the place for you! The "suites" are really incredibly great! Everything you could possibly want or need are located in these rooms. Clean, clean, clean! Comfortable bed, great water pressure. Comfy furnishings in ultra high, sleek style. Very private, with a very nice locked outside entrance leading to your elevator.
Thanks so much for the special treat, Sue!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2006

We stayed at the Fox Briar Inn which is restored building in the historic downtown district overlooking the Ohio River and the artist's flood walls. It looked just like the virtual tour when we got there. Each unit is unique and has its own style. The only down side was the living room furniture, mainly the chair, it was antique and not too comfortable. I would suggest keeping the sofa and putting a love seat with a similar style to the sofa or a more comfortable chair or seating for watching TV/movies. This place is awesome. We would go back. The owner was there herself to let us in on a rainy Friday night and showed us the primo unit after I asked her as it was vacant and I had seen it on the website. That has 2 bedrooms and is just gorgeous. We had reserved the craftsman unit which is the one we stayed in. Finally, the bed was the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in. Thanks Sue at Fox Briar Inn, in Peducah!!

Anita and Ken