“Nice spot in Paducah”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paducah
Fox Briar Inn at RiverPlace
Ranked #2 of 9 Paducah B&B and Inns
chadds ford pa
“Nice spot in Paducah”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Very clean, huge room or X-condo? 1100 square feet for two with full kitchen. Decor could be bit updated/lingering 80's in an art oriented town. Room/kitchen/bath all very clean. Surprised to learn no children allowed and this huge space only accommodates two - a sleep sofa addition would be perfect for two couples or a family. Location ideal - walk to breakfast, shops, galleries, restaurants, Quilt Museum, cinema,cultural arts center! The river and all it's muraled walls are next to hotel. Paducah is a wonderful place to visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank wreath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mount Juliet
Reviewed July 26, 2011

These condos built above a block of turn of the century buildings are an interesting alternative to a traditional hotel. The loft style and original old architecture was charming. However, they could use a good interior designer. The walls were all white and most of the furniture looked like second hand store finds.
The tv was old and didn't work well. The flesh tone on people's faces was purple. But we didn't really watch tv so it wasn't an issue.
The condo was really too big for the one night we stayed as it included a dining room, huge living room and laundry room. It was like staying in an apartment
Although we enjoyed our stay, there were two issues that were bothersome: 1) There was no shower. There was a giant whirlpool bath but I was resigned to using a handheld shower to wash my hair. A little awkward but managable.
2) The windows in the bedroom were huge and overlooked the street. They had half plantation shutters which were nice for privacy but the street lights shone into the room all night. If those issues were addressed, I think this place would be amazing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed a quick weekend at the Fox Briar Inn and loved it! The loft apartment was spacious, beautifully decorated, and quiet. Hey, I appreciate the fact that they don't allow children! Not every place is suitable for kids. It was so convenient - a nice walk to Cynthia's for dinner, Kirchoff's bakery and the coffee shop the next morning, strolling by the river, and visiting the quilt museum. A great escape from the city - we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tucknsooz
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is a little different concept, more like a condo set up. Huge rooms in a restored old building right down by the Ohio River. Make sure you get a room with a view of the river and flood wall murals. We loved the giant kitchen and living areas. The bedroom is an interior location in our room and little darker but OK. It would be easy to stay here a week. There is always something going on outside and this location downtown is fun, close to restaurants, museums, etc. No breakfast but Kirchoff's is just around the corner and easy to walk to and bring back pastry. Room prices seem a little high for no meal included but it is different from the normal B&B.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I came to Paducah for the BBQ on the River. This is our 4th stay here and it has always been OK up until this year (2009). For some unknow reason tthe innkeeper decided she did not like my granddaughters coming to my room. They live in Paducah and I am from Louisville. We stay downtown for the convenience. They have always visited before and there was no problem. When I was ready to check into my room my daughter and my 2 grandaughters were with me. In front of all the other people that was checking it the innkeeper turned to me and stated "We do not accommodate young children." Imagine my embarassment, I adised her in a not too friendly way that they live in Paducah and were just visiting. When we came back in to our room after enjoyed dinner and let everyi\one use the restroom, she knocked on our door and stated people were complaining about the kids being too noisy in the hall. It was only 8:00 pm and the band at BBQ was crancked up and actually shaking the windows. What a horrible thing to do to 2 beautiful little girls. I will never stay in this inn again, buy ice cream from her shop or anything from her gift shop.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sheila2611
southern Indiana
Reviewed September 8, 2009

While we have not stayed at the Foxbriar, thanks to the lady in the shop downstairs, we will definitely do so in the near future! We were browsing thru the shop this past Sat afternoon and she mentioned the Inn, promptly provided a brochure that mentioned the Inn and told us about the website. She couldn't have been more kind...and we didn't even make a purchase! True southern spirit! Our next trip to Paducah will include a return visit to Cynthia's and a night or two at Foxbriar!

p.s. the only "disappointment" to the afternoon was stopping in d. Starnes to buy BBQ sauce, and hoping for peanut butter fudge and pie.....neither of which were available. It seemed odd that when advertising as a fudge and pie shoppe, you wouldn't have any pies available and only one type of fudge. If those items had been available, we would have enjoyed dessert at the restaurant. (I did get the BBQ sauce!) :)

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bev1616
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed here in room 16B. Amazing room, great views of the river and paintings on the wall. The room was huge! Full kitchen, very nice for the fondue we had for dinner. The bathroom was large, with a very large whirlpool tube. The entire room, with brink walls, loft decor, and furnature was very well done.

We could walk to the Quilt Museum, all around downtown, and by the river. Parking was directly across the street, in the center parking lot. Perfect location - could not be in a better location. One of the more expensive places to stay, but you get what you paid for - an amazing hotel.

No breakfast, which is odd for a B&B I think....and no staff after hours or on Sundays (they give you a phone number to call)....but overall, the best place in Paducah!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple