“Good Paducah Restaurant”
Review of Whaler's Catch Restaurant - CLOSED

Whaler's Catch Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The food and service here are both very good and the prices reasonable. The location is excellent - central downtown Paducah, right on the river frontage. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I grew up in the area and always heard of how good Whaler's Catch was. I took my wife to paducah and while we were there we tried this place. I try to support local restaurants and avoid chain restaurants. At first the place was packed and we were seated right away. The place is really cluttered and appears to have not been dusted in a while. We ordered Alligator bites they were ok(Redbones in Jackson, Tn are better) I ordered the potpourii...a supposed mixture of shrimp and other shellfish. My salad was old and had been setting for a while. The greens were not fresh, some were brown...yucky couldnt finish it. My meal came on a salad plate its almost as if i ordered 2 appetitzers even though the potpouri was listed as an entree. The breading was loose and non flavored. Needless to say it was a waste of time. Dont believe the hype. Red Lobster would have been better. The service wasnt spectacular.

2  Thank bigboyswrestling
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice place, cool people but we didn't get good fish in any of our meals. Everything was over cooked an dry. Grouper, Mahi, rougfy and spring pasta.

2  Thank John C
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Visited during a recent trip to the area. Had no idea of the Quilt Convention in town. Though the restaurant was busy, everyone was friendly. We ordered the alligator bites and fried okra to start off our meal. Both were fabulous. Then came our salads. Mine had several pieces of old, brown, slimy lettuce. Not at all something I would serve to a guest. My husband ordered the Fried potpourri (popcorn shrimp, clam strips, and fish), I had the Creole crawifsh. Do not expect to get much food. His came out on a salad plate. Mine tasted like the roux was made with ketchup. It had a sweet, vinegary flavor, and it was cold. To say the least, we were very disappointed.

2  Thank Misty H
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I ate here for lunch and found it to be very good. I had grilled catfish which was excellent. My wife had shrimp scampi which was also very good. The service was good even though it was at the height of the Quilters Convention week and the place was packed. The price was very reasonable.